Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Friday, January 04, 2008

J is For...

My life has not been very long, but it has definitely been a journey. I was a rambunctious child, very free spirited and dramatic. I was very strong willed and did crazy things like refuse to wear socks with the seam on top of the toes. I loved dress-up and Barbies, climbing trees and playing in the dirt. Imaginary friends were abound, and I spent time with a lot of books, as well.

Getting older, my free spirit was hampered a bit by life-school, homework, things of that nature. I rebelled, and hard. I got pierced and tattooed. I got into a lot of trouble, and started a vicious cycle that really kept me from enjoying my teen years. I bounced around a lot of different schools and places, but in the end I pulled my head out of my ass and graduated from high school early.

I moved out of my parents' home the summer before I turned 18. I settled in very quickly, I was not afraid of the world. I worked to keep myself afloat, and spent my free time doing whatever the hell I wanted to. The freedom was great. My tattered relationship with my family grew stronger, and life went on.

Life continued this way for a few years; dating, parties, drinking, smoking, having fun. I still worked hard to earn my living, but I was always making time for fun. Then I met The Future Hubbster. We hit it off right away, and moved in together after only a month or so of dating. We got a great apartment in Uptown Minneapolis, with hardwood floors and French doors and a claw-foot bathtub. We were engaged after about a year of dating, and I was so excited. I did settle down a little bit, but mostly, we were still having tons of fun.

We decided to move back to where he grew up- Santa Fe, New Mexico. I'd been to visit, but living there was definitely a different experience. coming from the lush green of Minnesota and being surrounded by lakes, High Plains Desert was like being on the moon for me. I love the mountains, though, and that helped. About three months after we moved, I found out I was two months pregnant. Scared, but excited, I grew a little girl in my belly. We tried to coax her out right before Christmas, but she wasn't having any of that! She showed up, a week later, precisely on her due date. We were blessed with our very own little Monsterette.

After about a year in Santa Fe, I was homesick. I told the Future Hubbster I wanted to move to Albuquerque, where the elevation is a little bit lower, the people are nicer, the city is a CITY, and most of all, there is more green stuff. We've been living here for over two years now, and I've liked it, although I'm still homesick for the green, the lakes, the snow, my family. Hubbster officially became The Hubbster, a little over a year ago. Monsterette continues to grow and learn and become her own person.

Such a journey so far. I never thought, five or six years ago, I would be living in the west, married and raising a beautiful daughter. Life continues down it's path, and I'm excited to see where it takes us next.

J is for journey. See you tomorrow!

Labels: , ,

Comments on "J is For..."