Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Thursday, June 12, 2008

'Poo Free, Day 1

Alright, today was my first run with not using shampoo. I washed my hair with 2 tsp. of baking soda, dissolved in 1 cup of water. I rinsed with 1 1/2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar diluted with 1 cup of water. I mixed both in little cups, individually, and brought them into the shower with me.

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: When pouring the baking soda/water mixture on your head, be VERY CAREFUL not to get that shit in your eyes. It HURTS.

Results: While in the shower, my hair didn't really feel "clean". It still felt slick and greasy. Now that I'm out, and it's dry, though, it looks clean, and not greasy at all. It definitely feels softer, too. It does feel different, somehow, though. Not really sure how to explain it. Just different.

Also, it doesn't smell at all. Not like yuk, not like baking soda, not like vinegar. I might, once my hair adjusts a bit, try to add some yummy smelling essential oil to my rinse.

Goal: To not wash my hair more than twice a month. Yep, I only want to do this every other week. With shampoo, I washed my hair every other DAY. I plan to work up to this, so for now, I'm going to go three days without the baking soda wash and vinegar rinse. in between, I'll rinse with hot water, and wipe with a washcloth, to help distribute oils to the ends of my hair. I'll do maybe two or three washes, spaced three days apart, and then move on to five days, then a week, etc.

So. I'm sure I'll be posting updates on this, but I'm not sure how regularly. Do you guys care, either way?

Labels: ,

Comments on "'Poo Free, Day 1"