Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Sunday, February 01, 2009

Getting back to life.

Alright, I know it's been FOREVER, and I never did reply to some of your comments. Please know that even if I did not get back to you, I really appreciated all the support and everything that you guys poured my way. It really helped.

Anyways, LIFE. I've been working full-time, and also still doing the full-time student thing, which keeps me busy enough. Throw in all the other chaos (being sick, a divorce, sick baby, driving all over the place) and life gets pretty hectic. I've been managing, though, but really, really busy. I've also found a GREAT place to live near Old Town Albuquerque, which is really awesome. it's affordable, and the perfect size for me and the Monsterette.

On that note, things are kind of weird. I miss the stability of my life, miss being part of a family. It's odd to think that next weekend when I move into my new place, I'll officially be a "single mom." Well, the divorce isn't final on paper, but yeah. Still. Weird. I'm kind of struggling with it, but I really don't have any time to be stressed about it or dwell on it too long, which I suppose is a good thing. It sucks that I have pretty much lost half of my family and most of my friends- none of EX-Hubbster's family is talking to me AT ALL, and the few mutual friends that were hanging on by a thread after the divorce stuff came around have all disappeared into the ether. So I really appreciate the few friends I have left in town and around the world.

Surprisingly, I have found a tiny bit of time to knit here and there. I've been working on a cute hat in colorwork, which I'm really enjoying. I'll try to get some knitting updates here soon- I would like to get the ol' blog dusted off and running again, if I still have any readers left.

Once again, thanks so much for the support and well wishes and happy thoughts sent my way. Even if I don't have time to respond, know that it is very much appreciated, and I consider you guys my friends.

Oh, and I haven't read a blog in MONTHS, so don't feel bad if you feel like I'm not responding or talking to you- it's not you. Really. It's me. Once the dust settles, I'll sit down and read blogs for two days straight and get all caught up on your lives. Miss you all!

Labels: , , ,

Comments on "Getting back to life."