Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Friday, March 27, 2009

Making an Effort

Hey, guys! Any readers still out there?

Anyways, I'm going to be trying to blog more. Life is sort of settling down here. Monsterette and I got all moved in to our new place, and I really like it. The space is excellent, and it's mine, which is great. I lost my job about a month ago, and thank goodness for the extra money from my student loans, which has carried me up until this point. I'm still looking for another job, though- as most of us in the US know, the job market here pretty much blows. I had a good interview today, though, and am keeping my fingers crossed that I get it, because now I'm really struggling for money.

The whole divorce thing is still wierd. We haven't filed yet, but getting there, working out all the stupid paperwork and stuff. Ex-Hubbster and I are on friendly terms, which is good. I'm dating again, but don't want to get too much into that here. But I'm happy, just incredibly stressed about life and money. I've had a few really bad points the last few weeks, but have struggled through them. Things are definitely hard, but looking better every day.

One good thing that has come from all this is getting back in touch with my faith. I've been away from it too long, and getting active in it again has really brought my some much needed peace of mind.

Knitting has been scarce, mostly because I'm still trying to get a routine down for my life, which is hard without a job. But I have been knitting. I'll try to take some pictures of stuff for you guys and get them up here.

OH! And the Boyfriend and I went to Las Vegas, Nevada for Valentine's Day! It was my first time in Vegas- we had SO much fun! It was really great. I can't wait to go back. Maybe I'll post some pictures of that, too.

I feel so disconnected from all you guys- all my far away friends, the people I love, but I really only have a connection with here and on Ravelry. I miss reading blogs! Please, leave me a comment or shoot me an email with what's been going on in your life. I miss my friends!!

Oh, and Sarah, I AM working on the amigurumi. I feel SOOOOOOOOO bad about it. The guilt is killing me! I promise that I'll have them done before next Christmas. ;)

Anyways, email me, write to me, comment to me, call me, something! I'm lonely!

Labels: , , ,

Comments on "Making an Effort"