Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Monday, November 09, 2009

Handmade Holidays

Alright, I know I said I would get knitting pics up soon, and I promise, they are coming! Maybe tomorrow, if there is enough light for pictures when I get home from class. And if I remember. Heh.
Moving on...

In addition to my (alleged) knitting, I enjoy a few other crafty endeavours, like sewing. I don't do a ton of it, but every once in a while I get on a sewing kick. I am always surprised by the near instant (compared to knitting, anyway) gratification that I get from sewing something. I am thinking about whipping up some hand-sewn gifts this Christmas. Not entirely sure what yet, but I've got my eye on some things! The Sew, Mama, Sew! blog is having their Handmade Holidays series for the third year now. Every day in November they post a handful of tutorials, mostly for sewing projects, for things that would make great gifts. I've been scouring the last two years' posts, as well, and starting to kind of overwhelm myself with ideas. I suppose I should settle down and pick a few and get to work!

Speaking of work, I need to get back on my homework and studying. I'll leave you guys (is there really more than one of you??) with a few of my favorite tutorials from today's searching!

Simple Keychains
(how fun would it be to let Monsterette "personalize" these?)

Beanbag Chair
(Monsterette would LOVE this in her room)

No-Sew Laptop Cozy
(I want one of these! It would be great for my college-faring bro and sis, too. How cute would some applique or simple embroidery be on these?)

Labels: ,

Comments on "Handmade Holidays"