Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

You're in for a treat!

Oh, yes you are! It has been quite a while since I've written a real blog. It's gonna be a looong one, I got a lot of catching up to do. So grab some coffee or popcorn, and settle in!

The move went well. We spent a large portion of the day getting to truck packed, rushed down to Albuquerque, and got papers signed. We then unpacked and ate some yummy Papa John's Pizza- there isn't one in Santa Fe, so it was a welcome treat! There isn't much unpacked, because I really can only unpack things while Joie is sleeping, and she doesn't do too much of that during the day. Not to mention that unpacking sucks. Now, you may ask, why doesn't the darling hubby help? Well, for one, he really just wants to relax when he gets home, and the weekends we both either are rushing around doing errands, or relaxing together. Secondly (and probably more the reason than anything), I would end up moving almost everything he unpacked into the precise location that I wanted it. So it would be like unpacking twice, and that just isn't any fun. Hence, the unpacking is going slowly. It is getting done, though, I figure sometime around christmas, we should have everything out of boxes.

I discovered last weekend that Village Wools is right down the street from our new place. How exciting is that?! I went to check it out with the hubby. The visit pretty much consisted of me drooling over and fondling the mass amounts of yarn and the hubby following me around asking "what's this for?". All in all, lots of fun!

To keep with the knitting theme I have going now, I finally went to Stitch n' Bitch last night- albeit a little late. I didn't get there until about 8, an hour after it starts, but oh well. I had a ton of fun, it was really relaxing!It was the first time I had picked up my knitting since the move, and it felt good to do it. I only introduced myself to the 2 ladies on either side of me, and unfortunately, I'm bad with names and don't remember theirs. I was pretty quiet and content to just sit and knit and listen to everyone chatter away. I recognized Jamie and Beverly from their blogs, but that was about it. Hopefully next week I'll introduce myself to everyone. I had a great time, and James was me HERO for watching Joie and letting me escape for a few hours.

The big news in the house this week is Joie's starting to eat rice cereal! It's pretty exciting, and she seems to like it. It's fun to watch her make a big mess and get the stuff all over her face, mostly because she tries to eat her fists while I'm trying to get the spoon in her mouth. I just found the camera today, so we'll have to snap some pictures next time we feed her.

We also have a few new additions to the family- four cute little mice! We have a black one named Bella, A tan one named Twinkie, an albino one named 2%, and a white one with black spots named Cow. They're a lot of fun to watch run around and play. I always had mice as a pet growing up, and it brings back some good memories of childhood. Speaking of which, I'm going to do the childhood meme that has been going around in a seperate post.

I joined the Dye-O-Rama as well- basically a secret pal yarn swap with hand-dyed yarn. I think it is going to be a lot of fun! I haven't ever dyed yarn before, but I plan to buy 3 skeins to dye- 2 for practice, and one to send. I think I'm going to start out with Koolade and easter egg dyes, and if I get really into it and get some extra cash, then I'll start using professional dyes. I'm really excited to start dying yarn, and It'll be even more special, because with my two practice skeins I'll knit up my first pairs of socks!

Well, I can't really think of much more at the moment- I had some pictures I wanted to post, but I'll do that later. It's good to back here in blog world.

Labels: , ,

Comments on "You're in for a treat!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:33 PM) : 

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»