Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Closest Blue Book

Here's a cool little meme I found while taking my stroll through blogland this morning.

1. Grab the nearest book with a blue cover.
2. Open the book to page 86.
3. Find the first full paragraph.
4. Post the text in your journal along with these instructions.
5. Don't search around and look for the coolest book you can find, just the closest blue book.


Mr. Knightley was to dine with them- rahter against the inclination of Mr. Woodhouse, who did not like that any one should share with him in Isabella's first day. Emma's sense of right however decided it; and besides the consideration of what was due to each brother, she had particular pleasure, from the circumstance of the late disagreement between Mr. Knightley and herself, in procuring him the proper invitation.

This is from Emma by Jane Austen. I haven't read it yet, so I really have no clue what the context of this paragraph is. It did remind me that this book is on my list to read, though!

Speaking of reading, I am absolutely loving Broken for You. I have a feeling I might get a bit teary-eyed at the end, but the story is really awesome. Love love love. I'd reccomend it to anyone, and I'm not even done yet! Pretty close though- I was up until almost 2 AM this morning because I could barely put it down.

Labels:

Comments on "Closest Blue Book"

 

Blogger Queen Geek said ... (12:51 PM) : 

Emma is good, but not a book to read if you are feeling sleepy. Jane Austen's prose are very...soothing.