Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Monday, August 14, 2006

Dice Bag Pattern

Alrighty. A few of you loverly readers have aked for my dice bag pattern, so here it is! I would love it too if you would email me pictures of it when your done. Yaay for my very first pattern!

Dice Bag

Frilly Girly Dice Bag

Yarn: I used Caron Simply Soft in Lavender, but any yarn at all will do!
Needles: I used Size 6 straight. You should use a size or two smaller than recommended for a tighter fabric, unless you don't want a tighter fabric.

Alrighty. I know most of you out there hate gauge, but you really only need to knit a few rows here- it won't be hard, I promise! So. Get your yarn and needles of choice, and cast on about 15 stitches. knit about 5 rows in stockinette stitch. Get out a ruler and measure how many stitches are in one inch. Multiply that number by how many inches wide you want your bag. For example, if you want your bag 3 inches wide and knit 4 stitches to an inch, multiply 4 and 3 for a total of twelve. Now multiply that number by 2- a total then of 24 for the example above. That is your number of cast on stitches. (I used 40, if you're wondering.)

Pattern:

Cast-on your decided number of stitches.( see above for instructions)


These rows will make the two decorative bands along the bottom of the bag. If you do not want them, just knit along your merry way in stockinette or garter stitch.

Row 1: knit.
Row 2: purl.
Row 3: knit.
Row4: knit.
Row 5:knit.
Row 6:purl.
Row 7:knit.
Row 8:purl.
Row 9:knit.
Row 10:knit.
Row 11: knit.

Continue in stockinette stitch until the bag is one inch shorter than the total height you would like it to be, ending on the wrong side (purl side in stockinette).

Eyelet row: knit 2, YO. Repeat until end of row.

Knit 3 more rows in stockinette or garter stitch (whichever you are doing.)

Picot edge bind off: Bind off two stitches, * slip stitch from left needle to right needle, cast on 2 stitches, bind off 4 stitches*. Repeat from * to * until no stitches remain. (Note: If you are right handed, please use the opposite needle in these directions- I knit left handed. So, where it says "slip from left needle to right needle", you should slip from right to left instead.)

Finishing: Fold the bag in half, right sides together. Seam any way you want to. Flip your bag right side out, weave a pretty ribbon, small i-cord, or braid through the eyelets. Fill with dice or other things. Enjoy!


This pattern would be really easy to customize. You could do stripes, felt it, do more rows of garter stitch, or pretty much any pattern you can think of. Have fun with it!

Labels: ,

Comments on "Dice Bag Pattern"

 

Blogger The Little (Knitting) Hedgehog said ... (5:44 PM) : 

How cute!! Thank you for sharing the pattern! Your new design looks great too!

 

Blogger Sara said ... (6:42 AM) : 

Thank you so very much!!!! I appreciate the time it took you to do the pattern...

 

Blogger Queen Geek said ... (8:54 AM) : 

Math girl's at it again! Ah-ha!!

 

Blogger Yeah So said ... (12:42 PM) : 

Thanks, I can't wait to make it.