Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Monday, August 28, 2006

Hodgepodge Post

Things have been pretty quiet the last few days. I finished my wheelie finally! Yaay for one neutral project down! I really like it, but after being on the steering wheel a few days, it has stretched out some because of the elastic in the yarn. I took it off so I can put some puffy paint dots on the inside to help it grip the wheel so my beloved (or me!) don't die while driving because we couldn't turn the wheel. I show some pictures once I get it back on the wheel- since it is black you can't really see how cool it is unless it is on and stretched out a bit.

I got a bunch of yarn and stuff that I ordered from KnitPicks. One skein is for my pal, and the rest is for projects for moi and a few knitted Christmas gifts. I also got 2 bottles of Kookaburra Woolwash- one for me, and one for my Favorite Color Swap pal. It kind of smells like a clean hippy. (Is that an oxymoron?) I also got this chart keeper- I LOOOVE it! It is something I really needed and already use. Muy helpful! If you are a knitter or crocheter, I highly recommend this product, especailly if you tend to knit patterns that you have printed off the internet, like I do.

I started crocheting this cute stole- I'd been searching for a pattern that resembled a shawl a friend got from her Grandma (I think), and this is pretty damn close. I'm doing it in a great electric blue color, and it is coming along awesome! I did have a bit of a crisis early on because I'd never heard of "sc in ch-5 sp", but I called a LYS and got it all figured out. I did have to rip out my first 3 or 4 rows, though. Oh well- it looks much better now that I know what I'm doing. Hopefully this doesn't take too long to finish. It looks a little weird at the moment and that is why there are no pictures of that. Once it is finished and blocked, it'll look better. Then you can have pictures.

I'm debating if I should cast on this shrug or this hat for my next knit- what do you think? I think I want to do the hat, to have something smaller to contrast my stole. Or, I could cast on for this scarf in my sari silk. Or I could start one of the many knitted Christmas gifts I have planned. Decisions, decisions...

Oh, yeah. They found my car at a McDonalds on the other side of town on Thursday. I had to pay $70 for them to tow it somewhere. Dickheads! Ahem. Excuse me. We decided to sell it to a junk yard- it was still driveable, but it was running like shit and was all gross. Just driving it to the junk yard made me sick to my stomach. Blech. We did get the car seat base back, though, along with some books I had borrowed from family. Everything else was gone- James' new boots, the stereo, all the CDs we had left in there. Oh well- at least now it is truly over and done with.

The diet James and I are doing is going really well. We survived the first two weeks of torture a highly restriced menu, and now can add in goodies like whole grains and fruit. I definitely feel better, and can tell I've lost weight. James looks damn sexay too! I'm glad to finally be doing something about being fat instead of just bitching about it.

Well, time to start dinner- taco salad- yum!

Labels:

Comments on "Hodgepodge Post"

 

Blogger Queen Geek said ... (8:45 AM) : 

I think that scarf would be really pretty in your sari yarn. So many choices!