Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

New Things

I know, I'm still a wretched slacker, but with so many things competing for my time, your lucky you get updates at all! So, sit back and enjoy one of the rare posts from me, and quit whining! This one is a good one too- filled with all kinds of new goodies!

First off, I would like to announce to everyone that I am having an affair. (Good thing James doesn't read this thing, huh?)That's right- a dirty, illicit, scandalous affair. I love my other like I have never loved one before. Sleek and smooth, and especially handy- what else could a girl want? Want a picture? Of course you do. You might want to get the children out of the room first- this picture bares it all!


Swanky Machine

There it is, folks. My new love. That, my friends, is a Brother CS-6000i. It has a needle threader. It makes 6 different custom button holes completely automatically. It has over 60 stitches, most of them customizable with length and width. It has an LCD display for my stitch selection. A button to raise and lower my needle. It came with all the geegaws and doodads a girl could possibly want. I am in love with this machine. It is slick and sews like a dream. I find myself staring at its glory from time to time. I wish I could just take some coke or something and stay up for days and sew myself a complete new wardrobe with accessories to match. That is how wonderful this machine is. Sorry, James. You're still my favorite non-appliance!

In more new things, I picked up the book Stupid Sock Creatures about a week ago. I loved just reading the book, and I bought some socks ( I know, I should be recycling socks, but these are for friends and I don't think they'll want my ratty old socks made into toys.) to make a few with this week. So if you're a friend, be prepared to receive one of these in the coming months. I could even sew little clothes for them! Oooh, the possibilities....

More new things! (Isn't this exciting?!) Here is Joie's new ability. It is not quite perfected, so it results in a lot of falling, banging her head on various things, and face planting into even more things. At least she's having fun...


Joie Standing

Yep. Standing. She pulls herself up on pretty much everything she can. And a few things she thinks she can, but can't. It was a little unnerving the first day she started to do this- things on the coffee table are no longer out of reach, and she falls a lot more so we have to watch her closer to make sure she won't seriously hurt herself. I don't know if I'm ready for her to start terrorizing the apartment in new ways! Oh, my baby is growing up so fast.

Lets see, what else is new...It was James' birthday on the 17th- we got together with friends in Santa Fe and had a little Greek food, some belly dancing, and some presents. It was a fun time. That was the last time I saw our friends Dave and Marie- they moved to Seattle this weekend. We're really going to miss them- they're fun people. Although now we have a good reason to go visit Seattle! I've always wanted to go- I'm a bit afraid I'll fall in love and want to move, though. Hopefully sometime next year we'll get out there.

Alright, Joie is screaming at me from her crib (standing up, of course) which means I should quit typing and start mommy-ing. Adieu...

Labels: , ,

Comments on "New Things"

 

Blogger Queen Geek said ... (8:50 AM) : 

I deeply covet your new machine-- er I mean lover. Hee hee, same thing.

Joie is growing up so fast!! I'm going to have to start babyproofing my place too! She's so sweet!

The thought of sock animals is a happy thought, it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. My ugly doll needs a friend!!