Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Pumpkin Cheesecake

First off, I want to apologize for minor blog wonkiness. I've finally fixed the permalink issue, but not sure if my feeds are working (they haven't been since I switched to beta) and I need to make a few adjustments, as you can probably tell. At least they are minor things like text size and that crap.

With Thanksgiving being tomorrow and Christmas around the corner, I thought I would share my favorite holiday dessert recipe for pumpkin cheesecake. It is super yummy, and really easy to make.



Pumkin Cheesecake

Ingredients:

16 ounces of softened cream cheese
1/2 C. Sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/2 C. canned pumkin
1/2 tsp. each of cinnamon, ground cloves, and ground nutmeg
One 6 ounce pie crust


First off, make sure the cream cheese is softened. Just let it sit on the counter for about an hour. If it isn't softened, then you'll get little cream cheese chunks in it and it won't look as nice. Next, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Cream together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and blend well- it should be smooth and creamy with no creame cheese lumpies. Pour into pie crust (I like to use a big measuring scoop so as not to make such a huge mess). Make sure to save the plastic liner from the pie crust- when the pies are all finished, you can take off the label and sticky glue crap, and use it as a lid. Just flip it upside-down and pinch the pie tin edges over it- voila! Easy to transport!I find that it doesn't all fit into the pie crust- that's okay! You don't want it overflowing. Put it in the oven for about 45 minutes, or until the center is set. This means that when you pull it out with some hot pads and give it a little shake, the center doesn't wiggle like it is still wet. It'll jiggle a little- kind of like set jello. Cool and refridgerate until serving. This recipe is really easy to double, as well!

If you're not afraid of eating raw eggs, you can lick the spoon and eat the leftover filling like decadent pudding.

Enjoy!

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Pumpkin Cheesecake"

 

Blogger Queen Geek said ... (5:14 PM) : 

Your craftiness truly has no bounds!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:54 AM) : 

Thanks for the Recipe it sounds so yummy! Will have to make it soon.

Hope you had a Wonderful Thanksgiving!