Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Knitting and Stuff

Today at work I practically accosted a customer because she was wearing a hand-knit poncho-wrap thingy made from Noro. Apparently, she didn't mind, and we had a nice chat about knitting and how it sucks that Malabrigo is only available in Taos. The poncho-esque garment was actuatlly really cue, and would be super easy to make. I think I know where Christmas cash may be headed.

I have to go back to work in a little bit for a staff meeting. I'm going to be hopeful and bring my knitting, and hope that if I explain to my boss that it's only garter stitch and I can pay perfect attention, I can knit through it. (Side note: just because I will be capable of providing devoted attention while knitting doesn't mean I will. Most likely, I won't. Staff meetings are teh suck.) So, maybe I'll be able to finish the scarf for my little cousin. I've nicknamed this scarf the Muppet Murder Scarf. For those of you unfamiliar with Fun Fur, you'll know why when I post a picture of it. Although, you may be getting a clear image already.

I've been trying to get my new blog design to work properly, and it isn't cooperating, so you'll just have to wait a bit longer. Sorry. It'll be well worth it, I promise! Maybe tomorrow I can get it to work how I want it to, since I'll have all day to play with it. keep your fingers crossed!

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Knitting and Stuff"

 

Blogger Queen Geek said ... (1:21 PM) : 

Ha! I love it! The Muppet Murder Scarf!

So, did they let you knit at the meeting?