Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Shiny New Things

Ugh, life has been crazy. Good news, though, we already got our hard earned money back from the life suckers at the IRS! As planned, James and I bought a new (old) car for me to get around in while he's at work. I'm absolutely in love with it- it's a 1989 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Station Wagon. It's like driving a yacht down the road. It is in really good condition, though, painted white with navy blue interior. I plan to pimp it out with some pink accessories soon, although I'm not sure yet how James will feel about this. Oh well, it's mine, right?

We also bought a shiny new computer! (guess which cost more- computer or car?) It's a lovely HP Pavilion with the swanky 17 inch LCD flat screen monitor. It's pretty bitchin'. Of course, out of spite and jealousy, the old computer died the night we bought the new one. We sure had one hell of a time trying to recover all the crap off the old hard drive, but all is well now and life is getting back to normal, even though the old computer's guts are still strewn about the apartment. Poor guy...

Knitting! Knitting has been good. I made yet another pair of Fetching in some leftover black wool for one of the girls at work. She loved them, which is cool, and she paid me, which is even cooler. James' Malabrigo scarf has been coming along swimmingly, and I think I'm going to make a scarf for me out of some blue bulky stuff I have lying around. I'd also like to try to make some baby blankets for Project Linus- use up some old baby acrylic I have around, and do something good for the world. Of course, the dishcloth knitting will continue indefinitely. speaking of knitting, see what I taught Erin to do?! Yaaay!!

Labels: ,

Comments on "Shiny New Things"

 

Blogger Queen Geek said ... (4:15 PM) : 

Your new car/yacht is da shit!

Thanks for helping me become hopelessly addicted to knitting!