Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Friday, January 19, 2007

It's a Shitload.

I decided that I was going to make a ruffled scarf with my mohair.I couldn't find any patterns, though, that used a light-weight yarn, and I really didn't want to knit this stuff up on size 11 needles- I wanted to fabric to be more substantial. I looked at a few patterns for the ruffle scarf, and wrote my own little pattern. (yes I'll share when I'm done.) It's coming along quite nicely, but slowly. I know my little progress bar over there says I'm at 25% finished, but I'm actually at 26.4%. I just don't have a progress bar for that amount. Believe me, being this far into the scarf is quite the accomplishment. Right now I have 800 stitches on the needles. Yep. 800. Hence, the title for this post. The scary thing is, that I'll have 1600 on the needles by the time I'm done. Casting off should be a blast! I did contemplate doing it backwards and casting on 1600 stitches, but honestly, who wants to cast on that many stitches? Not me. So for now, I'm trudging along. It takes me almost an hour right now just to knit a row. At least the fuzzy mohair keeps me on my toes, or this would be boring. I can't imagine doing this in a plain old worsted wight yarn. Yuck. Anyways, here are some pictures of my progress so far:


Ruffle Scarf Progress

It's knitting up really nicely. I love the colors, and the finished scarf is going to be light and fuzzy and super warm. You know, 2 years ago I would have vomited on a pink, fuzzy, ruffled scarf. Now here I am, knitting one. Funny how things change, isn't it? Another photo for you, because this stuff just looks so damn purdy:


Ruffle Scarf and Shiny New KnitPicks Options Needles

But wait! What is that georgeous bit of silver, glinting in the (almost) sunlight, nestled among that pink glory? What kind of heavenly body produces such smooth, clean-lined, mirror finish needle? These, my friends, is one of the many Needles of the Gods. Just like many of you lucky, lucky knitters did, I received a set of the KnitPicks Options needles for Christmas. I love them. I want to knit everything with them. They are so beautiful and easy to knit with. They are light and pointy. Love. Love. Love. A HUGE thanks to my three blogless buddies, and of course, to Erin, who does have a blog. Who could ask for better friends?

Labels:

Comments on "It's a Shitload."

 

Blogger Brena said ... (6:53 PM) : 

That is very gorgeous looking! I really like all of the different shades of pink. I knitted several ruffled scarves for Christmas gifts and they were very well recieved.

 

Blogger Queen Geek said ... (9:28 AM) : 

So pretty and fluffy looking! Like cotton candy, but not sticky and it won't melt. eh-hem...PURDY!


Glad you like the needles!