Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Book Report: The Electric Michaelangelo

I finished reading The Electric Michaelangelo by Sarah Hall a few days ago. The book started in the 1920's in a small, English seaside town. It followed the progression of a young boy as he grew, became a tattoo artist, and moved across the ocean to work at Coney Island. The characters are wonderful and well developed- they are people you want to know, people you would avoid in a dark alley, people you would stare at in awe. Sarah Hall does a wonderful jb of evoking these feelings.

Overall the book's tone was a sad one, but still left you okay with the world. The theme of the story seems to be loss in life, but there is still a sense of hope left when you finish- a feeling that things happen, but it's going to be okay. I really enjoyed this book. It was a bit hard to get into, but the way she writes will definitely have me reaching for more of books in the future. I would say, a 3.5 out of 5.

I am so excited to now be finally reading Fragile Things by Neil Gaiman. He is one of my absolute favorite authors. I recieved this book from Erin, who is a fellow crazy stalker fan, for my birthday. It is another collection of short stories from the author, and I am trying to savor it like a fine wine or excellent chocolate, and trying to read ony one story a night. It is tough, though, because every story leaves me craving more. If you haven't read any of his works, get on it! He is amazing.

Labels:

Comments on "Book Report: The Electric Michaelangelo"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:51 AM) : 

Have you joined the TBR book challenge? Figured it will be something to get my off of my rear and finally read the books I own:)

I posted the webite for the challenge on my blog and if you signed up a while ago and I didn't catch it on your blog. don't mind me I am Naturally blonde:)

 

Blogger Queen Geek said ... (8:43 AM) : 

Oohie, enjoy Fragile Things! I tried to savor it, but ended up gobbling it. I'm such a pig when it comes to books!