Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Thursday, February 08, 2007

So Many Questions...

For being the person running this swap, I really look like a slacker on the posting of the questionnaire, huh? Oh well. we can't all be perfect. Anyways, here it is!

Favorite Color Swap Questionnaire

1. What are your top three favorite colors?
Pink, orange, and chocolate brown. I like them in any combination of two, as well. I might even dig all three together.
2. What crafts do you really enjoy?
Knitting, of course. I crochet as well, and I do a little cross stitch here and there, but only if it's cool. No "home sweet home" samplers here. I like to sew too, and really wish I made more time for it. I've really wanted to try needle felting and embroidery.
3. What products do you really covet?
Malabrigo, these embroidery patterns, Amy Butler fabric (or any fabric even remotely resembling it), KnitPicks Options needles and cables that don't come in the set- I got the set for Christmas and want to expand it! I like their DPNs and fixed circulars as well- I'd love to try socks on two circs. Oh, and Burt's Bees goodies.
4. What other activities do you enjoy besides your favorite crafty things?
I love to read and play video games, when I have the time. A lot of my time is consumed by my tiny little monster that runs around all day long.
5. Is there anything you collect?
Those pennies that you squish in the machines at touristy places, and shot glasses. I know, I'm weird.
6. What is your zodiac sign and/or Chinese zodiac symbol?
I'm a libra (well balanced!) and was born in the year of the rat. I'd prefer nothing rat related, thank you.
7.What are your favorite…

…scents/smells?
I like a lot- anything light and fruity, flowery, clean smelling. The only thing don't really like the smell of is lavender, especially the French variety. Sorry, France.
…types of music and/or bands?
Again, eclectic. My favorite band is TOOL, but I also like Imogen Heap, John Mayer, Ozzy Ozbourne, Incubus, Black Eyed Peas, Mozart, Hayden, blah blah blah...
…authors?
Joyce Carol Oates, Neil Gaiman, Orson Scott Card, Barbara Kingsolver, Terry Pratchett, Anita Shreve, and Ayn Rand. I really could go on forever- I do so love books.
…animals?
I really have a major thing for butterflies.
…places to shop?
Target, Borders, and KnitPicks. Love love love.
…season?
I thing I have to go with spring- I love the smell of it and everything starting over new.
…yarn/fabric/paper/other craft supplies?
Malabrigo. Seriously. I'm addicted. I like all kinds of crafty goodies, because I can usually create something with it. Beads are good, too. Oh, and dishcloth cotton (think Peaches n' Cream)! Can't get enough of it. Mmmm, can't forget buttons. I love me some buttons. Don't forget the aforementioned Amy Butler fabric! Oh, and ribbon!
…candies or goodies?
I'll never say no to good chocolate of any kind. I love mint and fruity things with chocolate. I also like gummy stuff, and have a special place in my heart for Jelly Belly Beans. Bit O' Honey.
8. Do you have any wish lists?
Amazon.
9. Are you allergic to anything?
Just sulfa, so don't send me any antibiotics, mmkay?
10. Do you have any pets? What are they?
I have a 13 1/2 month old human.
11. Please include anything else you would like your secret pal to know about you- anything that would be helpful in finding you little gifts that you will really enjoy.
I am seriously, seriously addicted to note cards. For real. I can stand acrylic yarn as long as it's soft (think Caron Simply Soft). I like coffee, as well, but it has to be fancy coffee, because I'm a snob. I don't really like self striping yarn, but really love the variegated stuff. I also really love bath stuff- body wash, lotions, that kind of stuff. I love candles, too.

Hope that's helpful!

Labels: , ,

Comments on "So Many Questions..."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:26 PM) : 

Hey, I love those squished pennies too! My favorite one I got with my niece at this itty-bitty coal mining town in Colorado. It's emblazoned with a tiny picture of the train that still runs through there, though you sort of have to use your imagination to pull the image together. Neat stuff, that is.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:07 PM) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:07 PM) : 

Tool is my favorite band too! :D