Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Thursday, May 17, 2007

The Good, The Bad, and The Wooly

The last few days have been a bit of an emotional roller coaster. So many ups and downs and turns and complete 180's that leaves me with my head spinning. Life sure can be crazy sometimes. Anyways, I'll start with some good- my awesome Mother's Day! I actually got to sleep in late, thanks to my darling husband. He and The Monsterette got me some really great gifts, as well. Along with two skeins of dishcloth cotton and a kacha-kacha that I've been wanting forever, they also got me two skeins of this:

Happy Mother's Day Yarn

Debbie Bliss Merino Aran in a beautiful chocolate brown. I'm planning to make this hat, and if there's enough left, maybe some fingerless gloves. Yum! I also got this beautiful blooming cactus:


Blooming Cactus

Awesome, isn't it? Totally my kind of plant- pretty and hard to kill! The rest of the day involved lots of relaxing, a great trip to the park with my sweeties, and a delicious steak dinner. Such a great day! I hope all of you mothers out there had an equally wonderful day.

Monday and Tuesday were pretty uneventful- just work and knitting and that's about it. Wednesday started the same, until I got a call from my boss about an hour and a half after getting home. For some reasons that I don't really want to discuss, I was fired. The only thing I want to say is that I was very wrongly accused. Anyways, as you can imagine, the put a bit of dog shit on my afternoon with Monsterette. I decided to do some retail therapy, and stopped at Borders for the new Interweave Crochet magazine- yeah, I want to make the granny square purse that everyone seems to be doing now. I also took a trip to the yarn store and came away with two skeins of this:


Retail Therapy Sock Yarn

Nature Spun fingering weight in Cherry Delight- the color is just a touch brighter than in the picture, and more pinkish. I love it! I'm definitely going to make some socks out of this stuff. Yeah, I know, I haven't even finished one sock, and here I am planning for more. I actually bookmarked a good 15 sock patterns yesterday. I am really enjoying the whole sock thing, though, and it is going considerably faster than I thought it would! I did have to start over once because I was very confused by the short row heel (maybe because I was trying to knit and beat Hubbster in Tiger Woods Golf on the PS2 at the same time), but I've worked well past that point. Alright, I suppose I'll show you:


First Sock

Aren't the colors great? I am really loving the yarn. My biggest paranoia about the whole sock knitting adventure is the sock fitting. I am trying it on religiously every 5 rounds (it fits fine) and struggling to not do it after every single one. It is amazing to admire it on my foot and the luxury of hand-knit socks definitely keeps me motivated! There are definitely more socks in my future. Adios for now...

Labels: , ,

Comments on "The Good, The Bad, and The Wooly"

 

Blogger Queen Geek said ... (8:51 PM) : 

The socks are going to be sooo cute!

email coming about the rest.

 

Blogger Lyndsey-Jane said ... (10:06 AM) : 

I just love the colour of the db merino aran. I made a pair of fetching out of some - they ar emy all time fave!

 

Blogger David S. said ... (7:03 PM) : 

Happy Mother's Day! And your (ex)boss sounds like a wanker.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:23 PM) : 

I'm sorry you had a sh*tty week. I'm glad that it was tempered by your great Mother's Day. Your yarn looks beautiful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:14 PM) : 

You've been tagged. See my blog for details.