Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Monday, May 14, 2007

Wollmeise

A few weeks ago I won a contest for some Wollmeise sock yarn over here. I'd never heard of it, but was happy nonetheless! She asked me to pick my favorite color, and I swear, I couldn't narrow it down past three. I told her my three favorite, and told her to pick on for me. so, today, when I got the yarn, I was so excited! I opened the package, and the skein was beautifully wrapped:


Beautiful Packaging

Don't you love the little skeinlet? Anyways, I got a little giddy opening it, because not only did I not know what color it was inside, I really had no recollection of my top three. I was pleasantly surprised when I found this inside:


 Beautiful Contents

Isn't it yummy? The picture doesn't even begin to do it justice- the colors are so gorgeous and rich. Here are some yarny stats:

Wollmeise Sock Wool Superwash
100% wool
150g
US size 2 needles
350m/100g (an amazing 574 yards!)

I am really in love. This stuff is buttery soft. Like Malabrigo, but smooth. Mmmmmm. Smoooooooth. So, go check out the website (make sure you click the little "english" thing on the bottom right, unless, of course, you read German) and buy some stuff! I know I will!

Oh, and a huge thanks to E. for turning me on to such a great new yarn!

Labels:

Comments on "Wollmeise"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:26 PM) : 

You lucky lucky Duck! I was a little envious when I didn't read my name ;) - but seeing you package and the yarn, well now I am just damn jealous.

Enjoy! Eva did a lovely job!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:18 AM) : 

wow, that is so pretty! i'm jealous. have yet to try socks, but looking forward to it.

 

Blogger mjm knitting said ... (5:47 PM) : 

lovely just lovely.