Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Thank You Secret Pal!

This post is long overdue, and I've finally guilted myself into taking some time to take pictures and share my goodies with you guys! My Secret Pal from SP10 is absolutely the coolest, and I am so grateful she is putting up with my crappy blogging habits! Around Easter, I received a book from amazon from my lovely pal- One Skein Wonders. It rocks! I have an unnatural love for books that have patterns that I can make with only one skein of yarn, that isn't composed completely of socks and scarves. Truly genius. Shortly after I received my wonderful book, I got an awesome package from her, as well! It included this yummy yarn from Goddess Yarns. A very cool concept, to name yarn after Goddesses! Very fittingly, my yarn was named after the Goddess of gratitude. Here are the goods:

Goddess Yarns

There were two balls of the turquoise and one of the purple in my little package. The turquoise color isn't quite that bright- I had a hard time capturing the true colors. The purple is pretty spot on, though! It's really yummy stuff, though, and I can't wait to start knitting with it! She also sent me this little guy:

Sheep Magnet

Isn't he cute? He found a home right away, far from the grasp of little fingers that like to hide magnets. He smiles at me every morning. My pal also included some yummy flavored coffee samples that are long gone. I have this sinking feeling that i'm leaving something out, but dammit, it's been a long day and my brain is fried. So, dear secret pal, if I forgot something, I deeply apologize and I promise I loved it. Please gently remind me and I'll make sure the world (well, at least the people who read my blog) knows you sent something I forgot to mention. I'm really, truly sorry if I did forget. ETA: I knew I forgot something! She also sent me a few back issues of Interweave Knits and one of Creative Knitting. Such a great idea for me, who doesn't subscribe to anything...

In other news- man, there's been lots going on here! I've been knitting when I have the energy, and finished a little gift for my secret pal. I've also started another little goodie for her, and really trying to knit something more than dishcloths for myself. I really should be working on UFO's, but who really wants to do that? I've been itching to try my first pair of socks, especially since the yarn I have fits this month's Project Spectrum colors pretty well!

I'll try to blog at least once more this week, to fill you all in on the rest of the fun stuff from the last few weeks. Once again, I apologize profusely for being such a crappy blogger as of late. I'll try to be better, I promise!

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Thank You Secret Pal!"