Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Monday, March 26, 2007

Yaay Goodies!

I know, I have been such a bad blogger. It's been almost two weeks. TWO WEEKS! That's really unheard of from me, but between the new full time job and feeling under the weather for the last few weeks, blogging has not been on my List of Things To Do. Anywho, I received a very blog-worthy package from my pal Stariel from the Favorite Color Swap 2. She really outdid herself, and sent some amazing goodies! First the yarn. Oh, she really sent some heavenly yarn...

Inca Alpaca Yarn

Filatura Di Crosa Kinair


The first is some sinfully soft Inca Alpaca in pink and chocolate brown- one of my favorite color combinations! It is destined to become this hat- not only is it the perfect substitute for the yarn used, but it will be an excellent first colorwork project for moi! And, well, let's face it- nothing could be dreamier than a toasty pirate hat knit with alpaca, right? I might even try to find two more skeins in the same colors to do the matching mittens. Hmmm, maybe a few extra for a scarf... I'll have to bug The Husband about letting me break my yarn diet for this one.

The second is a ball of Filatura Di Crosa Kidair. I'm sorry it's such a crappy photo. This is a cotton candy pink laceweight (I think) yarn made with kid mohair and about 15% something manmade, but man is it soooft. This is where I need some help, folks! It is damn near impossible to get any info on this lovely yarn, and me not having any experience in lace type yarns, I'm a bit lost! If you can tell me anything about this stuff, please do! Also, if you have a good knowledge of all that is lace knitting, please email me (tbtyger AT yahoo DOT com) and let me ask you some questions. I really want this to be a scarf, but not sure if it will make it all by itself!

Anyways, on with the goodies! She also sent me this amazing glass bead bracelet that I LOVE.
Isn't it beautiful?


The Awesome Bracelet


Also, these great beads that will most likely become my favorite stitch markers:


Bead Assortment

And here's the rest of the awesome goodies!


Assorted Goodies

There was an excellent chocolate bar (which is looong gone), some awesome notecards (squee!), a pack of Hello Kitty stickers, some orange sherbet scented lotion and body wash, and a handful of some Creme Saver-esque hard candies. Whew! This was such a great package, and continues to make my day every time I see it shining from the table. Thanks again to an excellent swap pal!

Labels: ,

Comments on "Yaay Goodies!"

 

Blogger Queen Geek said ... (8:59 AM) : 

Very cool stuff! Way to go secret pal!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:18 AM) : 

Holy schmoly what a great package. I love that mohair stuff! It looks a whole bunch like Kidsilk Haze. Here is a link that will help you get some great info on any yarn (almost) that you might come across - http://yarndex.com/ . I've never searched it and didn't come up with a yarn yet. I have some patterns in my "one skein" books for Kidsilk that you might like for that yarn. Perhaps I'll enclose them for you in your pal package if I can remember! I'm down to making lists these days pre-trip! Toodles!

Your secret pal

 

Blogger Nic said ... (12:18 AM) : 

all your stuff looks fab, but the mohairy yarn looks so scrumptious!

 

Blogger chemgrrl said ... (5:32 AM) : 

A we call them pirates hat in brown and pink...awesome.

Look, I got my blogger account fixed! Yay!