Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Book Report Double Feature!

Yes, you read that correctly. I have not one, but TWO books that I finished last week! First, of course, is Fragile Things by Neil Gaiman. Of course, I absolutely loved this collection of short stories. Like always, his stories are intriguing and well written. There are a few in there I wish I could type out and frame to hang on my wall. If you haven't read any of his books yet, then go away. (Just kidding.) I think this book, as well as his other collection of short stories, Smoke and Mirrors, are a great introduction to this amazing author. Go! Read!

The second book I read this week was Anthem by Ayn Rand. She is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. This book is a short read- I read it front to back in about 2 1/2 hours, if that. It is an amazing story that I think everyone should read. It is a very interesting look at society and the ego of man. Ayn Rand writes beautifully, and I would recommend any of her books. She' is inspiring, and the books I've read so far are intelligent books that can really make you think about life.

Hopefully someone out there actually reads my book reviews... Next time, I'll have pictures of a bunch of yarn I've accumulated, plus an awesome package from a swap I did with a chica who missed the sign ups for FCS2. Thanks again, C. !

Labels:

Comments on "Book Report Double Feature!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:42 AM) : 

I read the book reports. I love Orson Scott Card too.

 

Blogger Queen Geek said ... (8:11 AM) : 

Good books! I like what you said about wanting to frame one of Neil's stories and hang it on the wall. My sentiments exactly.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:34 PM) : 

Uh-oh. Ayn Rand, eh? I think that is probably her best in my opinion. There is a song by a '70s Zeppelinesque Canadian power trio who shall remain nameless that has a song called 'Anthem,' (odd because the guy who wrote it was thought of as highly mysoginistic at the time) inspired by that very book. I think we have finally achieved a point in recorded history where every scrap of information is quantifiable. Crazy. I'm sure that Kevin Bacon fits in there somehow.

I have been reading a lot of non-fiction lately, though I enjoyed 'Fragile Things' as well. I think my favorite was 'How to Talk to Girls at Parties,' even though it was an older one. Any time his stories reference ye olde punk tymes it throws a switch in me, and nobody is writing prose like him these days. Admirable and enjoyable. Yup.