Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Monday, April 02, 2007

Transitions

A new month, the start of spring, and a new trio of colors to be inspired by, a la
Project Spectrum! I'm working on transitioning from the blues, which seemed to be my main focus for the last two months, to the pink, yellow, and green. I did start the ruffle cravat from One Skein in a nice blue, and will try to finish that up soon (here is a great pic from the knit-along blog). I'm planning to make mine a nice long scarf length, though. There always seems to be at least one project lingering from the last colors, doesn't it? Anyways, This month's colors give me the official go-ahead to start the mitered square blanket for The Monsterette. I'm using some awesome cotton I got from a swap, with coordinating colors. Lots of pinks, yellows, and greens!

I also decided to get around to dying some yarn this weekend! I am so pleased with how it came out. Sticking with the transitioning theme here, here are some pictures from the (almost) beginning to the final result:


Dying Yarn

Drying in the Sun

The Finished Product

Please note the transition from last month's Project Spectrum color (blue) to the current Project Spectrum color (green). that being said, I am totally in love with the colors. I love the vibrancy, and I'm so excited to knit it up and see what it looks like. I have two more balls all died and dry and waiting to be wound into balls. Those two can skip the skein stage- it really is just for the prettiness factor of it all. I'm planning to make this awesome scarf with it- I think the bright colors will make for a happy scarf to wear in the bleak, cold winter months. If you decide you cannot live without this color in your stash, please email me at tbtyger AT yahoo DOT com and I would be happy to duplicate it for you in any weight you would like. Seriously. Let me know! And now, because I can, and because it's been a while, a picture of The Monsterette! For the record, she climbed in there on her own.


Takeout Joie

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Transitions"

 

Blogger chemgrrl said ... (7:00 AM) : 

Why you sneaky vixen you! Great way to get around the abrupt color switch. Of course, here's me still knitting a blue sweater. Oh well. I love the yarn--you did a beautiful job.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:09 AM) : 

She is just adorable!

 

Blogger Adam said ... (9:58 AM) : 

Your yarn looks great! Just a caution, if you start dyeing, you might not be able to stop! ;)

 

Blogger Queen Geek said ... (10:51 AM) : 

Wow-wee! That yarn turned out all purdy! Quite the change from when I saw it in the pan. Kudos.

And Joie is so frickin'cute! I hope she's feeling better.

HUGS!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:00 PM) : 

Wow. And all this time I thought a stork delivered babies. Who knew?

What a sweet, sweet face. Oh! And the yarn is way cool too. :)