Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Chop!

For weeks now, I have been bitching about my hair. It's hot out now, and my hair was getting way too long for me. For those of you who don't see me in person more than once a year, or never have, in fact, seen me in person, my hair was a good three inches past my shoulders, and in a constant state of ponytail. My ends were all split ( I haven't gotten it cut since right before Christmas) and gross, too. Last night, I decided to take matters into my own hands! Have no fear, though- I've been professionally trained to cut hair. Although, doing it to one's self is something different all together! I enlisted the help of The Hubbster to cut it straight in the back, which wasn't incredibly successful (I should have known better- he's horrible at cutting straight lines on anything) and ended up making the cut a little shorter than I wanted, but that's okay. it's hair, it'll grow back! Right now, I'm just utterly relieved to not have hair hanging all over the place, being hot and heavy and annoying. To my surprise, it actually came out really good! Here, I'll show you. Please excuse the I've-been-running-errands styling, the complete lack of makeup, and the wild, unwaxed eyebrows. Gimme a break, I'm a mom!

New Hair Cut!

I think it'll look really cute styled, and I can still get it into a ponytail, if my heart so desires. Alright- I'm going to go tweeze my eyebrows now. Thanks a lot. Geez. Ugh. The more I look at this picture, the more I hate it. I'm going to press the post button now before I change my mind and delete the entire post.

Labels:

Comments on "Chop!"

 

Blogger Queen Geek said ... (9:52 PM) : 

Cute! It makes me want to chop all my hair off. But I won't because that always make me sad...

I was noticing how long your hair was getting. I liked it. But I like it this way too!

 

Blogger David S. said ... (7:32 AM) : 

I think it looks great. I just cut off all my hair, too. Those nappy dreads that had formed were driving me crazy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:27 AM) : 

It looks cute! Was thinking maybe a haircut is in my near future too.

Perfect haircut for the summer!

 

Blogger KnitPastis said ... (5:54 PM) : 

Great haircut you got! I know how you feel about wanting to cut it off for the hot weather. I might, might that is, cut mine kind of shorter later on in the Fall. That's what I like, the idea that you can still pull it back just enough to put in a pony tail .

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:52 PM) : 

Man - you are looking real purdy....nice chop