Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Confessions

Forgive me Knit Gods, for I have sinned. It has been two weeks since my last yarn purchase.

Yes, my fiber child. Please, tell me your sins.

I have not been honest with my works in progress. I have many poor, forgotten projects on the needles. Some days I forget they even exist.

I see. Do you have anything else to confess?

Well, yes... I finally got into Ravelry yesterday, and had a bit of stash envy while looking around.

Ah, I understand. That is to be expected. Anything else you would like to say?

No, I think that's it, Fiber Father.

Alright, well, here is your penance. You must confess your works in progress, as well as keep good track of them, where all can see. It is not something to bring you shame, but to motivate you to give some needed love to long-neglected projects. Also, there will be no starting of a similar project until the one in the works is completed. That is all. Your fiber sins have been absolved- go and spread the word of superwash wool and cashmere blends!

Thank you, Fiber Father!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah, glad I got that off my chest! As you can see, I've got a few works in progress over there in my swanky new sidebar! The sock, of course it the most recent. Progress is slowly being made, but my focus right now is finishing the scarf for my secret pal. I also have a skull illusion scarf on the needles for the Hubbster, which has been long neglected. The scribble lace wrap is a red one, done with some Lion Brand Homespun and crochet cotton- my plan was to finish it so I could use it around Christmas, but the deadline became unrealistic, and it has been sitting there for a while without a new stitch knit since last year. I'd really like to try to finish this one while red is still in the color triad for Project Spectrum- I think it is totally doable. Lst, but not least, is the crochet cravat from One Skein, made with some light blue Wool of the Andes Bulky. I'm doing tons of extra repeats to make it a long cushy scarf, hence why it's taken me so long. since I started it during the blue part of Project Spectrum (three or so months ago), I'd also like to get that finished before the triad switches again! Hopefully I can get some of these things off the needles so I can cast on for some new projects.

if anyone is having issues with the new blog, let me know please- this has only been tested in Firefox.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Confessions"

 

Blogger Queen Geek said ... (10:44 AM) : 

It looks purdy at work and we have explorer. Yay!

I think your penance should be to teach your knitting Luke (that's me) how to make dishcloths...

 

Blogger Abigail said ... (8:37 PM) : 

Very clever:D

 

Blogger KnitPastis said ... (7:48 AM) : 

You are too funny! Great post.
I know how you feel about being stash envy. I feel most of my stash is from ACMoore.LOL One day I hope to fill it with Debbie Bliss, Rowan, and such. Oh happy day oh happy day.LOL