Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Ribbed for My Pleasure!

I went back and forth a bit on whether or not to rib the cuff of my socks. I looked at all the sock patterns I want to do, and the majority of them are ribbed, so I decided to go for it! Might I add, I really don't like to knit ribbing? Anyways, here is my very first finished sock!

Finished Sock!

Being my very first sock, I am super happy with it. The fit is a tiny bit loose (any way to maybe wash it and tighten it up a bit?), but hey, I'm not perfect! If I use the pattern again, I'll just use less stitches. No biggie. It's wearable, and that's what matters! I'm really happy with how it came out, and I'm particularly proud of my flawless (to me) short-row heel. Before casting on for sock numero dos, I decided to do a quick knit. But shhh! It's a secret! I'll let you know what it is when it gets to who it's going to. If, in fact, it's going to someone at all. Maybe I didn't even really knit anything, and it's all a figment of your imagination...


Secret Knit

In other news, I finally made it to a Stitch n' Bitch here in Abq. last night, after living here for a year...I had a great time! It was so nice to be able to socialize with other grown-ups who have at least one thing in common with me. I'm definitely going to try to make it more often. Fun times! It was good to meet some of the people who's blogs I've been reading for over a year, too (Hi, Noelle!).

alright, time to go get my daily fix of Ravelry. Adios!

Labels:

Comments on "Ribbed for My Pleasure!"

 

Blogger Sarah said ... (6:09 PM) : 

Your socks look great! The ribbing rocks, my ribbing is always a little wonky looking.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:57 AM) : 

That is such a cute sock, way to go!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:40 PM) : 

It was so cool to finally meet you! That short row heel is a beauty! I think it takes at least two pairs of socks to find the style that fits you perfectly. Believe me you'll enjoy wearing those anyway :)

Oh and I can't stand ribbing either!