Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Monday, July 16, 2007

Mini Yarn Crawl

Saturday, Erin and I decided to have a mini-girl's day. We had lunch, knit a little bit, and went on a mini yarn crawl around Santa Fe. We only stopped at two yarn stores, but we surely didn't come away empty handed! The first yarn store we hit was Needle's Eye, which has a lot of basics and other good stuff. I got two balls of this, at half price! It's Crystal Palace Cotton Chenille, in the colorway "Straw Into Gold". It's going to be a cozy scarf!


Yarn Crawl Pick #1

The second yarn store we visited was Oodles. They carry a lot of the more "funky" stuff, mixed in with a few of the regulars. I love to go and fondle the bamboo, corn fiber, and the other fun, odd fiber choices they have. There I picked up some Austermann Step sock yarn, in these great colors- they remind me of a New Mexico desert landscape.


Yarn Crawl Pick #2

I'm still waiting for Erin to post pictures of her stash enhancement- she got some great stuff! (nudge nudge, girl!)

Labels: ,

Comments on "Mini Yarn Crawl"

 

Blogger Queen Geek said ... (9:50 PM) : 

Ack! Sorry! I'll post. I've been too busy knitting!