Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Monday, January 28, 2008

Crazy

This last week has been rather crazy, and not in an entirely good way. Last Tuesday we discovered we didn't have any hot water- apparently there was a gas leak. Needless to say, this was not fun, especially since the Hubbster works a very physical and dirty job. Our hot water wasn't restored until Friday afternoon. Yep, almost four whole days without a shower, or being able to wash a load of laundry (or laundry rooms were closed until it was fixed). Thank goodness it's back on now!

Thursday evening, my mom got into town for a short visit (she's leaving this afternoon). We went to bed after I picked her up, at almost 1 AM. I was rudely awakened at 4:30 in the morning by the dumb skank (really, she's awful) who lives upstairs. for about an hour there was tons of pounding on the floor and yelling. I ended up calling the cops, thinking they're may be fighting up there. The cop knocked on the door for at least half an hour, she apparently was pretending she wasn't home. Another cop showed up, and was yelling through the door that if she didn't open the door they would force it open, since there was a report of a fight. The Hubbster and I enjoyed this muchly- karma's a bitch, isn't it? I really hope she moves out soon, this is not the first time we've called the cops on her, and she truly is a wretched neighbor.

A pretty good few days with my mom, hanging out and eating some good food. Then, yesterday, Hubbster went to run some errands. When he got back, we couldn't start the car. Not that it wouldn't start, but more that we couldn't turn the key in the ignition. The steering wheel had locked up, and no matter how hard we tried, nothing was happening. today I spent about 4 hours just trying to get it towed to a repair shop, and it's still not going to be fixed until tomorrow. Thank goodness we have a second car, although it's costing us a ton for James to commute in the thing. Really, we have the worst luck with cars.

So, not the greatest week, but we still had a good time visiting with my mom. thank goodness she was here, too, because it would've been a real pain in the ass if she hadn't be able to watch Monsterette while I was dealing with car crap today.

Interesting to see how the votes are going for the kitty name! I'll try to get pictures of her soon!

See you tomorrow!

Labels:

Comments on "Crazy"