Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Monday, March 17, 2008

Behind The Scenes

Happy St. Patties, all! I hope you have a great night, whatever it is you plan on doing.

Since my two year blogiversary will be on April first, I thought I might give a little history behind the good ol' blog here. I found this meme over at Lick My Sticks.

1. Why did you start your blog?
Really, to share my life with people. I love to connect with the online knitting universe, and to make friends. It also helps my friends to keep updated on my life, hopefully. It's really nice to belong to some sort of community here. I also love to have a place to archive my knitting and other projects (although with Ravelry, not so much anymore), document life events, and keep track of what I thought of books I read.

2. How did you come up with your blog name?
It's a play on the phrase "A stitch in time saves nine".

3. Do your friends and family know about your blog? What do they think of it?
I don't think anyone in my family reads my blog, most probably don't even know about it. I know a good chunk of my friends read it, I think. Maybe if they left more comments, I would know...

4. How do you write posts?
With my fingers. HA! I write at a desk, on a PC.

5. Have you ever had a troll or had to delete unkind comments?
Once in a blue moon, I get some spam. If anyone ever said anything mean, I'd track 'em down and make them pay. ;)

6. Do you check your stats? Do you care how many people read your blog? If you do care, how do you increase traffic?
I do check my stats, I use sitemeter and Google analytics. Mostly, though, I just like to see how people find my blog. I suppose I care how many readers I have, it's always nice to feel the love! I don't much try to increase traffic, though.

7. What kind of blogs/posts interest you?
Some blogs I read because they're my friends' blogs, some I read because they're hilarious, some because I love the pictures. I think as long as it's well written and something that appeals to me, I'll stick around. I'd say 75% of the blogs I read are knitting blogs, 10% are other crafts, and the rest are things like I Can Has Cheeseburger? and Passive/Aggressive Notes.

8. What do you like and dislike about blogging?
I love the sense of community, and being able to connect with people I've never met, but may get to someday. I love being able to share my crafts, my life, my stories, with whoever cares to read them. I think it's awesome that I have people who I feel like I know, and have a sense of friendship with. I love getting inspired, or finding things I may have never stumbled upon otherwise, like a great yarn, or a cool knitting pattern. (You know, if it wasn't for a blog contest I won, I might have never fallen in love with Malabrigo?)

The thing that sucks about blogging is really just the assholes out there. The people who spam, leave crappy comments, or steal your content. Besides that, though, I think the blogosphere rocks my face off.

I'd love to know if you do this, too!

Labels: ,

Comments on "Behind The Scenes"