Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Friday, March 07, 2008

Life.

I guess I don't really post often about my life and things going on here. Nothing too deep, nothing that's too "real". I guess i've always been like this, sheltered, putting up a wall. Cautious, too, about what is on the internet. but life is life, and you guys are my friends. So, here goes.

Things have been a little hectic and stressful lately. at the end of February, the place where my husband worked for three years closed it's doors permanently. He applied to a few places in the same business, and the only one that really looked interested in him didn't offer him a job until his last day at work for the old business.

Fortunately, they offered to pay him a dollar more an hour than he was making, and we'll also be able to get health insurance for the whole family. He says they seem like good people, and it'll be a good job. He'll be working less hours a day, but one extra day a week. (Before, he was working Monday through Thursday, now he'll work Friday as well.) It'll take some getting used to a more corporate environment, coming from the small and laid back shop he was at, but it shouldn't be too big of a deal.

The thing that sucks, really, is he can't start until March 31st. That means we have a full month with no income. His old boss (who is a really great guy) did give him one weeks pay as severance, and off the books. He's applied for unemployment pay, but there's a one week waiting period before they'll send a check, which really means it'll be almost two weeks. This means we'll only get three checks total from them before he starts working again, and at about 65% of his pay before- not enough to support a family.

His dad graciously offered to help out iwth money, but it still kind of sucks. I'm weirded out that he's been home all the time, and feel a bit overwhelmed. I'm stressed, as well, because finances is my job, and now it's difficult, because the money isn't there. on top of all that, he being here totally throws off me eating healthy, because he comes home with fast food and buys crap at the grocery store.

I'm also starting to worry about the wedding shawl for my sister in law. I've finished 11 repeats out of 17, and should be able to finish it by next weekend for her shower. I'm just now getting to the point where the knitting for someone else is getting tedious and annoying. I want to knit for me, and only when I want to, not because I have to! Sometimes I wonder why I do this to myself.

In addition, there's been all this drama about her shower, which is being held in Durango, Colorado. (Lord knows why when almost all of the attendees live here, in New Mexico.) There's been shit about who's going, and who's riding with whom, and I've been kind of stuck in the middle. All this, on top of wondering how much I really want to go anyways, has been stressful, as well. Ugh, I guess we'll see how it goes. I'm personally not looking to a four hour drive one way with someone I hardly know and her two pre-teen girls. I don't even know if I'll have my own bed in the hotel room! Although, the LYS in Durango sells Malabrigo...

Okay, maybe this is why I don't blog about real life. I get all crazy and write forever. See you tomorrow...

Labels: , , , ,

Comments on "Life."