Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Knitting!

I know I've been promising some knitting content, and I finally got around to taking some pictures today! Woohoo!

Today I'm going to share a hat I made sometime last year, I'm pretty sure in the fall:

Opis Spicatum 003

The pattern is called Opus Spicatum, and it was a lot of fun to knit:

Opis Spicatum 001

The yarn I used was either Paton's Classic Merino or Lion's Wool. It might even be both, but I'm really not sure. The pattern was a simple fair isle knit, and went pretty quickly. I absolutely love the cast-on in the second color:

Opis Spicatum 002

This hat is so, so cozy. There are definitely more colorwork hats in my future. Probably somewhere down the road, I'll make another one of these! I also want to make matching mittens and a matching scarf. The herringbone pattern is so simple, but looks so great! I really love this hat.

Do you have a favorite hat pattern?

Labels: ,

Comments on "Knitting!"