Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Bad Blogger. No Cookie.

It's amazing how quickly life can sweep you up in all of its craziness, and before you know it you've completely neglected the little things, like this blog. Life has definitely been crazy and hectic here, although maybe not as much as I think. I do still time to play stupid games on Facebook and peruse Ravelry for large chunks of time. So why not the blog?

I have been thinking about this blog. No longer the back and forth about whether or not I really want to continue blogging- I have definitely decided that I do. But more contemplation about what I want this blog to be. I have pretty much concluded that this blog is for ME. While I love having readers, love that sense of community, know that somewhere out there there are a few people that are pulling for me or interested in what I have to say, my main purpose for this blog is get the stuff out. I think I began this blog as a place to share and showcase my knitting, which I would still like to do. Knitting is still a big part of my life, and it brings me a lot of joy. Not to mention the wonderful things I have been able to create and the excellent friends that I have made through knitting.

Anyways, I think I would really like to be more candid here. Share more of my life, even the nitty gritty shit. Sometimes I just need to get things off of my chest, or share my joy with another person, even if that person doesn't really exist outside of my comment box. So, if you are a faithful reader, be prepared for more LIFE here. More stories. Definitely more rambling. There will still, of course, be knitting content. I really miss taking photos of my new yarn and knitting progress, sharing that stuff with everyone. Showing off, maybe. So there should be more content, knitting content included.

Ah, life. It has been a little crazy. School eats up a large chunk of my time. I'm taking five classes this term, all but one of I am really, truly enjoying. (The one I am not enjoying so much is Intro to Physics, and I mainly don't like it because a) I know pretty much everything we are learning already and b) my teacher does this weird nasally breathing thing that really gets on my nerves.) I am loving my Honors class, which is focusing on race, racism, culture, and societies. It is super interesting, and the whole class period is spent just having discussions. It is GREAT. I love to have intelligent discussions, so I really look forward to this class.

I am also take two history classes, one of them Western Civilization and one Architectural History. While both are straight lecture classes, I am really enjoying both of them. For me, that's kind of a big thing. I used to really hate history classes. I think as I have grown older I have more of an appreciation for other people's cultures, and learning about them is incredibly fascinating. I am debating now switching my major from Architecture to something in the anthropology field (anthropology is basically the study of humans.) I've always loved other cultures, been fascinated by their practices, and I think I would really enjoy majoring in it. There are some other factors playing into it, but it is something I have been giving serious thought to lately.

Anyways, school is keeping me busy. Lots of homework, more reading than I really think is possible, and lots of projects to think about. I do still squeeze in some time for knitting, and will definitely be sharing some of that with you guys soon.

Also been mulling over some goals for the year, and will hopefully be able to put those into writing and get working on them soon.

Enough rambling for one day, adios!

Labels: ,

Comments on "Bad Blogger. No Cookie."