Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Another Love

I dyed my second skein of yarn yesterday- this one is for my Dye-O-Rama pal. I am really enjoying dying yarn! I definitely think this is something I could really get into. I think next month I will invest in some professional dyes, and really see what I can create. I love looking at everytihng I see and wondering what kind of yarn I could make it into. I have all kinds of ideas for different colorways swimming around in my head! It is so much fun to take a crisp, clean, white skein of yarn, and make it into something fun and bright and pretty. I think there is definitely more yarn dying in my future! Without further ado, here is a picture of the yarn going out to my pal- I call it Cherry Limeade, after my favorite Sonic beverage.


Cherry Limeade


I used pink lemonade to do a veriegated pink, and then lemon-lime for a splash of spring green. I wish I could keep it! I hope my pal likes it. I'm also sending off some home-made sculpey stitch markers, a little journal for keeping knitting notes ( I got one for me too!), and I printed up a pattern for her. Now I'm off to make a little wrap for the skein, and I'm completely finished with the project- yaay!

I'm taking a little break from knitting to sew up some sundresses for Joie. They're really quick and easy, and I've had all the fabric and notions for them for a while. I'd like to have a bunch for our upcoming vacation, because they're cute and easy and nice and cool for hot summery days. I'll make sure to take some pictures of them and post them here.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Another Love"

 

Blogger Sheri said ... (2:06 PM) : 

Wow - that is beautiful! I really love the colors. I'd be tempted to keep it for myself too. :D

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (8:38 PM) : 

That is beautiful! Oh how I hope you are my SP... ;)...well if you aren't that's ok! :)

 

Blogger KnitPastis said ... (12:40 PM) : 

Hey, that looks really good!
I finally just posted the yarn I dyed for you on my blog! Take care!! xoxo KP

 

Blogger jenifleur said ... (7:58 AM) : 

Oh man, that's beautiful! I'm doing my pal's dyeing today, I can only hope of getting something that pretty at the end.

 

Blogger Miss Maya said ... (1:21 AM) : 

Hey nicole...just stumbled on your blog.. I am in Phuket Thailand right now enjoying sun, sand and surf. See you in a few weeks!!

Miss
Maya

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:33 PM) : 

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»