Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Childhood Memories

Favorite Special Treat Food: I was an avid baker when I was young. I would make popcorn balls and candied orange peels as a special treat for me and my brother and sister. Another favorite was butter and peanut butter together on bread.

Favorite Real Food:I don't really remember anything in particular, but I know I loved pizza and my mom's taco hot dish.

Favorite Place to Go: My Great-Grandma lived on a big alfalfa farm. I spent tons of summers riding the hay wagons, building forts out of bales of hay, chasing the new barn kittens around, and exploring the woods. After she died, we lived there for a while. In the winter we would get bundled up and lie in the snowy fields and watch the sun set. We also had a big mulberry tree that would drop berries in the spring- yum!

Favorite Thing to Wear: My mom would make me great summer dresses that I loved. I also loved anything dress-up.

Favorite Person: I would have to say my step-brother- he lived in California and us in Minnesota, so in the summers, when I saw him, we were inseperable.

Favorite Event/Occasion: That has always been and always will be Christmas.

Favorite Pet: Our cat Jasper. He was the first cat we ever had. He was the greatest cat ever.

Favorite Thing to Do: I loved to run all over the farm. Climbing trees, baking, anything crafty.

Favorite TV Show: Sesame Street, Mr. Rogers, Spiderman.

Favorite Book: All of Roald Dahl's books, especially Matilda. All of the "Little House" by Laura Ingalls Wilder. A book that had these wonderful pictures- each section had tons of pictures related to one letter of the alphabet, and a little boy hiding. I don't remember the name of it and can't seem to find it online, but we all loved to look for all of the things and the little boy.

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Childhood Memories"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:38 PM) : 

Hello, this is your Dye-O-Rama Swap Pal here! Just poping in to say hello!! Have a wonderful day!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:59 PM) : 

Hi! I didn't get to meet you last night but I think I know who you are-were you wearing yellow? I was sitting one person away from you on the left. Good to have you come, and see you again next week hopefully!