Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Monday, May 15, 2006

I'm in love!

Yes, I am in love. I got my yarn from my Dye-O-Rama pal this Saturday, and it is GEORGOUS! I'm so excited to knit up my first pair of socks with it. My pal was KnitPastis- go check her out and encourage her to dye some more awesome yarn! Here is a picture of the Fresh Squeezed Lemonade she made for me, inspired by my early childhood on the farm.

Fresh Squeezed Lemonade

I also dyed my first skein of yarn this weekend! It was a lot of fun. I used Paton's 100% wool and Koolade. It's worsted weight, so I think I am going to make a pair of Fuzzy Feet from Knitty with it. I am absolutely in love with the colors! It came out exactly how I wanted to. I used pink lemonade, cherry, rasperry with a sprinkling of grape, and the brown was half orange and half grape. I call it Cocoa Berry. Did I mention I am in LOVE with it?


Cocoa Berry


I had a lot of fun dying it up, and I am really excited to do more! I'm still debating what I want to for my pal, but I have a few ideas. I should get it done this week or next weekend, because I'm taking little Joie on vacation to Minnesota for 10 days on the 25th. I'm really excited, and it will be good to see my family again. Most of them haven't even met Joie, so it'll be good for her to meet grandparents and great-grandparents and all that.

I think that's all for now- Joie's nap time seems to be over.

Labels: ,

Comments on "I'm in love!"

 

Blogger KnitPastis said ... (5:46 AM) : 

You did a fantastic dye job!! I love the colors you choose. I can totally see them as a pair of Fuzzy Feet slippers. I made a pair of them also & you are never going to take them off in the winter!! Beautiful job!!
I am so happy you like the yarn I dyed as well.
Hugs!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:16 AM) : 

Happy Mothers Day!!!!
love,
Kitty

 

Blogger Zonda said ... (7:39 AM) : 

Great job on your dyeing!! Love the colors and thanks for the brown color hints, I had been searching for that.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:04 PM) : 

wow! your cocoa berry came out awesome! I had no idea that you could get such a nice deep color with the Koolade.

 

Blogger Courtney said ... (7:35 PM) : 

Your yarn looks great! I'm from Minnesota too and I'm also headed there on the 25th. There are so many excellent yarn stores in the Twin Cities. Have fun!