Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Knitty McKnitterton

I just realized that besides the mention of Stitch n' Bitch in my previous post, I haven't talked about my knitting at all! So, here is my knitting update.

Joie's wrap dress is slow going. I've only picked it up twice since the move. It felt really good to pick it up, though, so I've been trying to work on it more now. I finished about 13 rows at the SnB, and another 10 or so last night. I want to have it done before we go on vacation at the end of the month. On the other hand, I want to crank out 3 (or more!) pairs of baby booties- I have 2 baby showers this month. One is a set of twins, hence the three pairs for 2 showers. Now that I think about it, though, how much would booties be used in the hot New Mexico summer? Blah. Anyone have a suggestion for a really quick knit for babies that would be summer appropriate? I guess I could sew something as well. I think this warrants a trip to the local fabric store...

Oh, right, I was talking about knitting! Well, uh, I think I pretty much covered it with the last paragraph. I'm expecting two knitting books in the mail- One Skein and Knitting Way. I think I need to call the post office, though, because it seems like we aren't getting any forwarded mail here. Hmmm....

I'm super excited about Dye-O-Rama!!! I'm off to ponder colors...

Labels:

Comments on "Knitty McKnitterton"

 

Blogger Cari said ... (10:53 PM) : 

How about cotton bonnets for the babies, so their heads will be covered but still not too hot?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:01 PM) : 

I love love LOVE the baby pants in the second SNB book that have a little devil tail,called Lil Devil Pants. Way cute! Not summery, but they are a pattern for a toddler basically, so they could be for the winter...