Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Lost and Found

Today started like most of my days- waking up around 8:30 with little Joie, eating breakfast, checking my bloglines and email. Joie went down for a nap around 10:30, and I decided to get cracking on my project for the baby shower (for twin boys!) on Saturday. I'm sewing some cute little things- I want to keep it a secret because I know mommy's sister reads my blog. ;) I decided to put on some music while I did my crafting, and the first cd to catch my eye was the Dixie Chicks album "Home". I popped it in and sat on the floor to get to work. As track number three started, I got a little teary-eyed. The song is "Travelin' Soldier" - for those of you who don't know it, click away. I've always gotten teary-eyed when I hear this song, because it's a sad song to begin with. When one of my awesome friends Patrick (aka Scuzzy) joined the army about a year and a half ago, it hit home even more. A little history- Scuzzy and I met at rough times in both of our lives, and got really close. He is an awesome person and is like a little brother to me- I love him like family.Last I talked to him was a year ago, when he was sent to Virginia to await his assignment. well, hearing that song today made me miss him and wonder what he was up to. I looked online in a bunch of places for about half an hour, trying to find anything that mentioned his name, a phone number, address, anything. No luck. I then remembered his grandmother lives in Minnesota, and since he used to live with her, she would surely remember me! I dug up my old cellphone, and her number was there. I called her up, and she kindly gave me his email address. I inquired as to where he was- my Scuzzy is in Iraq. She said she hadn't heard from him in a few months, and would I please say hello? I said I would and thanked her. I wrote him an email, and then looked at his picture on the yahoo! directory. I cried- he looks thin and tired and scared- it looks like he is in a tent in Iraq in the picture. I prayed that he is okay. I hope I hear back from him soon-if I do, I'll let you know. For now, my heart and prayers are going out to him there, hoping he is staying safe, and I'm trying to keep myself from crying.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Lost and Found"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:33 PM) : 

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»