Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Monday, September 18, 2006

Fall is Coming

The temperatures are dropping, the leaves are starting to change, the air has that crisp, clean feel. Don't forget the State Fair! Last Sunday, we went to the Fair. It was a lot of fun! We decided ahead of time to cheat on the diet- it was nice to have corn dogs, pizza, Navajo tacos, and candied apples (my favorite!). Joie had a lot of fun too. The New Mexico State Fair is a lot smaller than the Minnesota State Fair, but still a lot of fun. I wish we could go back to Minnesota just for the Fair there, though- I sure do miss cheese curds and everything you can imagine on a stick- even alligator! I resisted the temptation to buy $40 worth of beautiful hand spun, hand dyed alpaca yarn. It was good times! Here are a few pictures of Joie enoying herself in the grass and stuffing her face with fry bread- yum!

Joie at the Fair


Fry Bread- Yum!


This kicks off my favorite time of the year. I love the fall and winter, and everything that comes with it. After the State Fair, my birthday is right around the corner- October 14th, if you want to send me presents *nudgenudgewink*. A few weeks later, and Halloween is here- I love dressing up and having fun with friends. This year, too, I get to dress up Joie, and that should be a lot of fun. The weather continues to get cooler, and soon I get to wear comfy sweaters and retire my flip flops until spring. Thankgiving rolls around, and food and family all gather together and we can offically start listening to Christmas music.

The Christmas season is officialy my favorite time of year. I love the decorations, shopping, music, the smell of cinnamon and spice and evergreen trees mingling. Presents carefully wrapped in festive paper and bright ribbons. Finding that special gift for your special someone. Seeing family who you only see once in a while. Decorating a tree with memories in the form of ornaments, sparkly garland, twinkling lights, and of course, candy canes. The cheer, the sales, the festivity- oh I can hardly wait! Christmas makes me all warm and fuzzy. Now have a new reason to celebrate as well- Joie's birthday! This year will definitely be a special one.

On the fiber front, I have been working hard on Christmas gifts- more dishcloths for my Grandma, and a Super Secret Spy Gift for a friend- one of many to come! My poor crocheted wrap has been a bit neglected, but with cooler, wrap-appropriate weather on the way, I will be picking it up again soon. I also organized my "stash", if you want to call it that. 90 percent of the yarn I have is designated to a project, and the rest is leftover yarn or bad acrylic (Red Heart- yuk) from when I first started knitting and really didn't know to at least buy the soft acrylic. I have lots of knitting in my future, with Christmas gifts that I have decided to make. Not everyone is getting knitted gifts, though- only you special people. I also finished my topi, I just need to put the plastic mesh in the brim and sew it so I can wear it- then I'll take pictures and show it off.

On that note, I'll get back to the Super Secret Spy Gift...

Labels: ,

Comments on "Fall is Coming"

 

Blogger Ann said ... (7:58 PM) : 

What an adorable baby..the pictures are too cute. Thanks for sharing!

Ann

 

Blogger Queen Geek said ... (1:44 PM) : 

Did Joie share the fry bead with you guys? I swear she keep getting cuter every day!!