Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Monday, October 23, 2006

Birthday Goodies

Last weekend was a pretty great weekend. Sorry it has taken me so long to blog about it, I am generally consumed by motherhood, knitting, and work. Oh, and James. Jeesh, good thing he doesn't read this. Moving on.

Saturday the 14th was my 22nd birthday.I worked a six hour day shift, which was okay- not too busy. I got home, and James gave me all the great presents he had gotten me. A dozen red roses, notecards (of which I am seriously addicted to), a really nice candle, some notepads (which I also have a place in my heart for), the new dvd limited edition of The Little Mermaid (one of my favorite movies), and to top it all off, the most beautiful sock-weight yarn. It is Merino and silk, dyed in amazing jewel tones of reds, greens, purples, golds, and blues. It is soft and amazing! I can't even fathom knitting it into socks where it will be hidden away and mushed around in my stinky shoes. I've decided to make a really pretty lace-ish scarf out of it. At least that way I can show it off properly! I wish I had gotten a picture of it skeined, because I think it's the prettiest that way, but here is a picture of it balled.

Birthday Yarn

The yarn is from The Great Adirondack Yarn Company, Inc. in the colorway "storm". It is super pretty and soft, I really love it! Don't I have the greatest husband EVER?! You know it's true love when he'll venture into the yarn shop alone, and come out with expensive, wonderful yarn that he picked all by himself. I'm excited to start knitting with it, but Christmas knits come first. Must keep telling myself that. Christmas knits first...Christmas knits first...

Another great highlight was being able to go out with James and our friends. It wa Granted, the babysitter is family, and has kids of her own, but still. We went to a local poool hall/ cocktail lounge, played some pool, I tied one on, and great fun was had by all! I got more great gifts from our wonderful friends- Stitch N' Bitch Nation, Fragile Things by my favorite author Neil Gaiman, Some really great earrings, and Where's My Cow? to read to Joie. I really had a lot of fun! Of course, I got a good chunk of birthday cash, and picked up Mason Dixon Knitting (I know, I'm a bit late to jump on that wagon), the 365 Knitting Stitches a Year Calendar (which is awesome, go get it!), a few other books, a Giants (my favorite football team) hoodie, and a couple skeins of Malabrigo. We actually drove all the way to Taos to get it, which is a good 120 miles from here. I got some for me, some for a scarf for James, and some to make his sister a scarf for Christmas. Have I mentioned how much I love this stuff? Here's a picture of my skein- it's in the colorway Hongos- it's a great dusky pink color overdyed with a chocolate brown. Yum!

Hongos Malabrigo

Labels: ,

Comments on "Birthday Goodies"

 

Blogger Sara said ... (12:17 PM) : 

A Belated Happy Birthday!!! Sounds like it was fun and you got some great goodies...

 

Blogger Queen Geek said ... (9:03 AM) : 

Glad you had a good B-day! It was fun to go out like that. Not that I don't love Joie, but you are funny when you are drunk!