Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Life is Good

Things here are going really well. Sorry it has taken me so long to blog, but I've also been pretty busy! Things with the family situation have calmed down, and are going better. I'm glad- that whole issue was really stressing me out, along with a lot of my other family. It still upsets me, but things are working out better and I'm glad. So, onto happier things!

I got a job! It has been a really long time since I've worked- I stopped working at my last job when I was about 3 months pregnant. James and I had gone into Borders to lok for some books, and I noticed that they were hiring some part-time baristas. (for those of you not in the know, a barista is one of those people who work at a cafe and make your coffee.) I've worked in two different coffee shops, and it really is a job that I love. I have a passion for coffee, and can proudly say I am a bit of a coffee snob. So, I applied, and it took them a while after my second interview to get back to me, so I was sure I didn't get it, but then they called earlier this week and told me I was hired! I did orientation on Friday, and yesterday was my first day of work. Mostly training, but since I've been in the business before, it isn't too heard to learn. I'm really liking it, and everyone I work with is cool. plus, I get an AWESOME discount on everything in the store. Yaaay for book discounts!

Speaking of books, Neil Gaiman has a new collection of short stories out called Fragile Things. He is one of my all-time favorite authors, as I'm sure I have mentioned before, so I am excited to pick this book up. Soon... I also finished Geek Love. Wow. It is amazing how beautifully written this book is. The story is kind of fucked up, but not in that way that makes you sick to your stomach. I really, REALLY liked this book. I'm glad I've read it, and I think I would read it again in a few years. I don't think it's so twisted that most people couldn't handle it, so I do recommend you pick it up and read it. Although, my views might be a bit tainted, so use your own judgement, I guess. It is an awesome book, though.

This diet is going really well. It's really pretty easy to do, I'm never hungry (unless I'm dealing with Joie and don't have time to eat), and it really is working. Last week we went to Santa Fe to have dinner with James' Aunt and his dad who was in town for a few days. EVeryone there noticed I had lost weight, and it always nice to hear other people say you look thinner. The icing on the cake, though, it that I finally can wear my pre-pregnancy jeans. I am soooo excited about this. The other day, I was looking for some jeans to wear, since the ones I've been wearing are too big. I stumbled across them and tried them on, and they fit like a dream. Comfortably. I didn't have to hold my breath to zip them. Plus, they look good on me. Yaay! I'm still working to go down a few more sizes, but I've been doing South Beach for less than 2 months and gone down 3 jean sizes, so hopefully I can drop a few more in the next few months. The words of enocouragement from family and fitting into smaller jeans have definitely motivated me to keep going and cut back on my cheating a little bit. When I get ot where I want to be, amybe I'll post before and after pictures for you guys!

Yep. All in all, things are going well. Joie is growing more every day, I'm keeping the house out of downright squalor, keeping busy with a new job where I get to talk to real grown-ups besides my friends, and autumn is here. Oh and my birthday is coming up! October 14th! Two weeks away! As I've stated before, my birthday kicks off my favorite time of year. so, yeah. things are great. Hope things in your life are going well, too!

Labels: ,

Comments on "Life is Good"

 

Blogger Queen Geek said ... (2:40 PM) : 

I'm glad that your life have gone from "This Sucks" to "Life is Good". I'm very glad that you got and like your new job and I share your joy at the release of Fragile Things!! Hooray!!

Also, you are looking great and I'm glad that you are feel great too. Hugs!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:37 AM) : 

Congatulations on your new job and on the weightloss! Glad to read that life is getting better for you too.