Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Change of Heart

Well, actually, it's more of a change of pattern. Last night I cast on for the Double Cable Scarf, and after about three rows I knew this was not the right pattern for the Malabrigo. The pattern was getting lost in the yarn, and the yarn was getting lost in the pattern. So, I decided to do the "My So-Called Scarf" instead. The pattern calls for a yarn very similar to Malabrigo, so I knew it would work really well. It took me a while to get it started though- I cast on while James and I were watching Capote (which we both thought was really excellent), and screwed up the first row. Twice. Then I screwed up the second row. Now, this is not by any means a complicated pattern, but I hadn't gotten into the groove of it yet, and was pretty wrapped up in the movie. So, I sadly set it down for a little bit until the movie ended, and then cast on again and started knitting. I got seven rows into it and kept thinking, "Wow, this is a lot smaller than I thought it would be!". I decided to check the measurements of the completed scarf online, and lo and behold, I was using needles 2 sizes too small. So, I once again ripped all the way back and re-cast on using the proper needles, with no distractions. I knit about 12 rows last night, and finally had to put it down when I was so tired I was dropping almost every other stitch. I am absolutely loving this. All of it. The knit is super easy now that I got the pattern down, and I love how it really shows off the colors without overpowering them. Plus, this yarn is such a dream to knit with. As I knit last night, I fantasized about staying awake untuil the sun came up, happily knitting away on my scarf with this amazing yarn. One o'clock came around and I decided to go to bed, lest I make a fatal error in the project, but I went to bed chanting the pattern in my head, my hands tingling for more knitting, but my brain not being able to comply. As soon as I finish my cereal, you can find me on the couch, knitting in hand.

Labels:

Comments on "Change of Heart"

 

Blogger Queen Geek said ... (8:08 AM) : 

I know the feeling...sorta.
I dreamed of Zombies and of shooting them with a shotgun the first time I played Resident Evil (and many, many nights after that).
Okay not really the same thing. But the love is there.