Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Friday, November 03, 2006

Knitterly Content

First of all, I would like to say thanks to everyone who has given me an idea to blog about. I'm sure in the next few weeks those blog topics will come in handy when I've run out of things to say and haven't made any knitting progress. Not today, though! I started the scarf for James' sister using this lovely Malabrigo (surprise surprise) in Blue Surf.

Blue Surf Malabrigo

I decided that I wanted to try this in a different stitch pattern than the one used for "My So-Called Scarf", so I flipped through my handy 365 Knitting Stitches a Year Calendar and found one I really liked. I decided on the Diagonal Knot Stitch, because it is really pretty and very simple. The knitting is going really quickly! Here is my progress so far.

Malabrigo Blue Surf Scarf

The pattern is really simple, and once I double check the whole copyright junk, I'll post the pattern for anyone who wants it. I should be okay on the copyright thing though, because it is just a stitch pattern, right?

In more knitting news, the Super Secret Spy Gift is almost completely finished. The knitting part of it is done, and so are all the little tedious things, like weaving in the ends and stuff. I'll take pictures to show you after said gift is received. Now all it needs is a nice bath and a little bit of fancifulness added, and it will be ready to be wrapped and gifted. I think this one deserves to move into the Finished Objects, so off I go to put it there.

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Knitterly Content"

 

Blogger Queen Geek said ... (2:42 PM) : 

Purdy. Me likey. cough
Purdy.