Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Like a Stick in the Eye

This post is going to be all about the things that annoy me. I'm sure these things annoy lots of other people, but I just thought I would share.

~ People who drive with thier turn signal on
~Stepping in something gross
~Running out of toilet paper
~Neighbors who to listen to their hip-hop shit at 3 am
~Little yippy dogs
~Any animal that jumps up on you or humps things uncontrollably
~Being put on hold
~People who walk or drive really slow in front of me when I'm in a hurry
~When someone farts in public and I walk into the stank cloud
~Unintentional slipped stitches
~Finding something gross in the bottom of the drink I just finished
~Floaties in my drinks
~When I want some ice and there is only one cube left in both trays.
~People who talk really loudly on their cellphones

I actually have a nice little story to go along with this one. I was at work today, minding my own business and shelving some books. I was working next to the seating area for the cafe, which had a good amount of people in it. There was one lady who was talking on her cellphone really loudly. Here is a snippet of what I heard.

"Oh my god! Like, I was voting, and like, we switched to this stupid paper system, and like, I had to fill in all these stupid little dots, and like, I had to wait almost two hours to vote. Two hours! Like, isn't that so stupid? Yeah. And plus, it was like really hot in there, and I had to stand in a hallway. I know! Oh my God it sucked sooo much!"

Yeah. And she was talking really loudly. Everyone in the cafe was looking at her funny. Annoying, yes?

~ Customers who don't put their books back in the right places

This is a new one. Why, oh WHY do people pick up a book, look at it without moving an inch from their current position, and then SET IT DOWN SOMEWHERE ELSE? Honestly. We're bookstore employees, not your mothers. Clean up your own mess. People who do this are fuckwads. That is all.


Labels: , , ,

Comments on "Like a Stick in the Eye"

 

Blogger Queen Geek said ... (9:29 PM) : 

I'm with you on all fronts! I don't even work in a book store and the lazy people who don't put books away annoy me.

I'll add another one for the annoying list:

People who park in handicapped spaces. Especially when there are other spots available.

There is absolutely no excuse for that. Nope.

 

Blogger strangelittlemama said ... (11:31 AM) : 

oh... you gotta love customer service. I feel your pain. Intensely.
Are you at the one by Whole Foods?