Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Ugh. Work.

Had to work early today. I was in at nine, and worked until almost four. I usually work in the cafe, but I picked up some hours and have been helping with organizing and shelving books. It is fun, but stressful in a lot of ways also. We have stacks of boxes, and my job is to open them and find a place to put the books. The reason this proves difficult is because shelf space is severly limited, so I have to be pretty creative about finding room for books. All the heavy lifting and standing all day make for one sore mama when I get home. Today is definitely no exception! My back and feet hurt. The worst part is I have to work an eight hour shift tomorrow, doing the same thing. Plus, I have to be in at seven. Which sucks. It is kind of rough working long days on the weekend, because what I would really love to be doing is relaxing at home with James and Joie. Ah, the things we do for money. I guess I could be doing worse things to earn a living... Anywho.

It appears that James may have broken his toe rushing to get the phone when I called earlier. It's all swollen and he says it hurts pretty badly. I feel bad- I've never broken a toe, but I've broken fingers, and it's no fun. Hopefully some ice and pills and relaxing will help it be better by Monday when he has to work. I feel bad though. Send him some good thoughts, would ya?

I think I'm off to take a long soak in a hot tub, and then off to bed. I've got an early morning tomorrow.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Ugh. Work."

 

Blogger Queen Geek said ... (8:33 PM) : 

Sending good thoughts for you both!

 

Blogger The Little (Knitting) Hedgehog said ... (5:00 AM) : 

Oh no I hope his toe feels better today!

Where do you work I'd love to drop by and say hi! With a bookstore and cafe we probably go by there pretty often. We consider our monthly book budget a utility expense in this house. ;)