Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

SP10 Questionnaire

Well, I went for it and signed up for Secret Pal 10. I'm excited- this is my first time in the official "Secret Pal" swaps. Yay! anyways, here is my questionnaire, which you can either bookmark for future gift giving reference, or you can close your browser window and move on to a blog with better content today. Also, to my secret swap pal, you can look at my FCS2 questionnaire for even more ideas. Here goes!

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I'm addicted to Malabrigo yarns. Highly. Addicted. I really love the look of anything "thick and thin" and cool handspun yarns. There's not many yarns I don't like, except for scratchy acrylic. I dig soft acrylic, though.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I keep them lying around, but I'm about to sew up a cool needle case that will store everything except my circulars. My KnitPicks options set stays at home in it's case.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I've been knitting regularly for about two years now. I taught myself how to knit with one of those cheesy kits you find at craft stores, but it worked! I would consider my level high intermediate- I can read charts and patterns well, have mastered the basics, and am really good at cables now. The only thing I can think of that I haven't tried is color work beyond basic stripes.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have an Amazon wish list right here.

5. What's your favorite scent?
I like light, clean smells, fruity, and floral. Pretty much anything as long as it isn't too strong or lavender. I really don't like lavender.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I definitely have a sweet tooth- I love milk chocolate, especially combined with mint, fruit, or caramel. I also really like anything in the "gummy" category.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I do not spin. I do sew, cross stitch, beginner embroidery (but not old lady stuff. Things like this.), make stitch markers, all kinds of weird crafty stuff.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Yes I can play MP3s. I like a lot of stuff- TOOL is my favorite band. I also like The Fray, Korn, John Mayer, Tricky, Natasha Bedingfield, Black Eyed Peas, Green Day....

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love pink, orange, and chocolate browns. I really can't think of any colors I don't like- they all have a place in my stash!

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live with my darling husband and beautiful 14 month old daughter in an apartment. The only pets we have are an anole and two hermit crabs.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes to all! I really love scarves- they're my favorite thing to knit with those beautiful yarns that cost too much to buy more than one, or those really unique had spun chunks. As long as it's cool, it'll get worn.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Scarves, really. although it's hard to find one that is challenging now! I also love to knit plain old dishcloths. Someday soon, though, I will find time for socks and maybe even a sweater.

13. What are you knitting right now?
I have a Malabrigo scarf for my husband, a skull illusion scarf, a pair of Fetching (one of my favorite patterns ever), a dishcloth ( I always have one on the needles- it's my sanity knitting.), and a scribble lace wrap I tried to finish for Christmas, but didn't.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Of course!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I really have no preference. I love my KnitPicks Options set, I love my crappy old aluminum straights, I love my bamboo needles, I love my baleen dpn's. I would, though, really like to get more bamboo needles. I currently only have the US 6 short straights and a US 11 circular.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No and no.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Only a few months old- I'm pretty good about that kind of thing.

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas!

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Those squished pennies that you find get from the machines at touristy spots, and shot glasses. Lame,I know.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I'm not subscribed to any knitting magazines, mostly because I wouldn't knit many of the patterns from them. you can check my Amazon list for books, and I think I've already covered needles and yarns.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
FairIsle knitting and other color work, more advanced cables.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Not quite yet, but I plan to be! I've even begun to acquire sock yarn. I've never taken my foot measurements, but I generally wear a size 9 women's.

23. When is your birthday?
October 14th

Phew, that was a long one. Like I said, you can look at my FCS2 Questionnaire for more stuff, or email me any questions you may have.

Labels: , ,

Comments on "SP10 Questionnaire"