Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Friday, August 17, 2007

Four (or Five) Words

*please note: All is fine in my household, my marriage, etc. This is just a rambling of thoughts. No worries.*

The worst four words in the English language are "we need to talk". Worse, still, is the added word, "we really need to talk". Coming from a parent, friend, or lover, this mere sentence will almost always strike fear into one's heart, sending a wave of what-if's and what-did-i-do's racing through the brain. Your palms get a bit sweaty, you find it hard to swallow. a tight knot forms in your stomach, and you are filled with dread. You sit down, staring curiously at the speaker of this horrid phrase, or press the phone tight to your ear. You wait. All you can do it wait. Even with a clean conscience, you worry about being accused of some wrong doing, worse still with a guilty conscience. After you've wracked your brain, finding nothing, you start to worry about the speaker's health. The health of those they know, that are also dear to you. They sigh, afraid to meet your gaze, or to choke out that first, usually life altering, heart breaking sentence. What will it be?

"I think we need to take a break."
"I'm sorry, she's gone."
"Who is Joe, and why are his clothes in my closet?"
"I think I need to go to the hospital."


Absolutely nothing good comes from the phrase, "We need to talk." Ever.

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Four (or Five) Words"

 

Blogger Lick My Sticks said ... (7:32 AM) : 

I don't get that...my husband just tells all his friends while I remain totally oblivious until it gets back to me month's later.

Ah, relationships.

 

Blogger Queen Geek said ... (9:16 PM) : 

Oh, blimey yeah. Nothing good ever comes after that sentence.