Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Vacation Part One: Minnesota

I had such a great time in Minnesota! Lots of great time spent with family and friends. The Monsterette had a blast, too- lots of firsts for her! Here's her first time playing in the sprinkler on a hot, humid Minnesota day:

Sprinkler Fun

I also had the awesome experience of meeting Mama Grouch and a few of her friends- we all took our kids to a little play area inside the old Sears building (it was raining that day) and had lunch. It was a ton of fun, and so awesome to have my first blogger friend meetup! After playing and lunch, we stopped by her LYS and I picked up some dishcloth cotton in a color I haven't seen (plus, it totally matched what Monsterette was wearing that day), and some Trekking XXL, in these great blues:

Trekking XXL

This picture doesn't do the colors justice. The blues are so rich and deep and beautiful! The socks I plan to knit with this yarn will totally remind me of Minnesota and all the lakes. Speaking of lakes, I picked the perfect time to visit! The weekend before we left was the beginning of a summer tradition with my family- a week up north with some more family and friends. The lake was gorgeous, and we spent a few days fishing, swimming, and hanging out on the boat. Not to mention just sitting around and chatting into the night! We really had a great time. Keep an eye out for Part Two...

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Vacation Part One: Minnesota"

 

Blogger chemgrrl said ... (12:59 PM) : 

Awww! Cute baby! Cute yarn, too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:43 PM) : 

Looks like the little one was having a blast! And the yarn color is yummy