Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Friday, January 11, 2008

L is For...

L is for love song. At the risk of you thinking I'm even weirder than you previously thought, I'm going to share some of the lyrics from my favorite "love song". The band is Atmosphere (MySpace page), an indie hip hop band from back home in Minneapolis, Minnesota. although I'm not really big on hip hop music, their stuff is oddly poetic. Onwards to lyrics! (p.s.- this is just a portion of the song.)

Don't Ever Fucking Question That

Enough to hold you to the brightest of lights,
to place you dangerously close to that sun,
enough to acknowledge the flaws you can't ignore
and recognize the cause of what's done is done,
more than enough to put my name behind my ideals,
and neglect my logic twice daily.
enough to keep me looking for my Lucy in the sky with gems,
when I remember how you used to call me baby,
enough to look in my mirror with detest
for every tear you shed regardless of why you wept,
enough to curse any man who can't appreciate the depth
of the ocean I swam till I ran out of breath.

I love you, don't ever fucking question that,
that's why we'll probably never get along.
if I was better at finding the right words to say,
I wouldn't need to write these motherfucking songs.

-----------------------------------------------------------

If you want to read the rest of them, you can here. Otherwise, just wander off, and don't forget to tell someone today, "Hey! I fucking love you!"

See you tomorrow!

Labels: , ,

Comments on "L is For..."