Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Thursday, September 24, 2009

NM State Fair

Lots of fun at the State Fair this year. I do wish I could go back, I missed most of the exhibits and didn't get any free crap! With the move, though, don't think I'll be going back. We'll see. Anyways, we had fun with what we did do! the Ferris Wheel whas the first request:

Ferrris Wheel 002

Ferris Wheel 001

After that we got some yummy funnel cakes and headed over to the petting zoo:

The Petting Zoo

The Monsterette had a lot of fun petting and feeding all the animals, and I'm always happy to pet a sheep! After a good handwashing, we took a break for some ice cream. Doc and I already finished ours:

Me & Doc 001

The Monsterette decided the best way to eat her cone was from the sides:

Ice Cream 001

Next was the Midway. I'll admit, I really don't care about the rides and games and all that crap. I generally avoid the Midway when I go to the fair, but Doc and his kids were all excited about it, so I took Joie on her first big kid ride:

Tilt-A-Whirl

The Tilt-A-Whirl was always my favorite when I was younger! She looked scared pretty much the entire ride, but was pretty excited about it after we got off. And even after half of a funnel cake, an ice cream cone, some cheese fries, and cotton candy she managed to NOT get sick! I was pretty happy about that! She went on a few more rides, and then her and I sat down for a few minutes to let the "big kids" go on a few rides. Mommy took pictures:

Midway in Motion

Midway 001

Well after bedtime and barreling into a major sugar crash, we all stumbled back to van to head home. All in all, a pretty good fair visit. I think my tummy is still recovering, though!

Labels: ,

Comments on "NM State Fair"