Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A History of the Craft Part Two

There are a few other crafty type things I do, or would like to do. The main thing I would like to learn how to do is embroidery. I've really been inspired by Sublime Stitching. I really love her patterns, and someday soon I'll give them a try! I've already envisioned cool tea towels for the kitchen and some bitchin' little outfits for Joie. How cute would that be? I've promised myself, though, that I'm going to finish Christmas knitting before I pick up a new craft. Damn that Christmas knitting, ruining all of my fun.

Another thing I think would be cool to do is temari balls. Even though they are rather complicated, I think they are so pretty, and would make some awesome gifts for people. If you have been to the new Village Wools, they have a glass box of them by the register. Someday I'll order the books I need and try them out. Hopefully my crafty patience is up for it!

I also like paper crafts, like scrapbooking and card making. I haven't gotten too into it, mostly because scrapbooking is a more expensive and very time consuming hobby. Now that Joie is here, though, I think it would be really cool to do a first year scrapbook for her. Card making is a little cheaper, but I just haven't really had the time or motivation to get into it, although I think it would be a lot of fun. Plus, that ties in nicely with my notecard obsession. (More on that in the future.)

That's pretty much it for my crafty side, although I love to create things. I love to do home decor type stuff, stitch markers (yes, someday you lovely helpers will get some), and all kinds of artsy type things. There are so many cool things that you can do with so many different kinds of stuff. I love to go to the craft stores and just get inspired, although it has been a while since I have had the time or the finances to really do that. Plus, that freakin' Christmas knitting is holding me back. Must finish Christmas knitting... Must finish Christmas knitting...

Labels: , ,

Comments on "A History of the Craft Part Two"

 

Blogger Queen Geek said ... (10:24 PM) : 

Very cool embroidery patterns! And if you manage to make temari balls, you will be a crafty Goddess in my eyes, those look beyond tricksy!